Recordings missed after reboot

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
ahwman

HTPC Specs: Show details

Recordings missed after reboot

Post by ahwman » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:52 pm

Because of ongoing issues with my InfiniTV PCI tuner not being found as well as problems with my tuning adapter after resuming from sleep, I decided to implement a simple .bat file which reboots my HTPC after resume. This solves both of those issues, however creates a new problem whereby a recording will not begin unless I launch WMC on the HTPC after the reboot. My HTPC is restarting 5 minutes prior to a recording and has plenty of time to start the recording however for some reason doesn't follow through. Why would a simple reboot prior to a recording cause this behavior?

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:36 pm

There's likely something wrong with the RecordingRecovery task in Task Scheduler (within the Media Center group) as this is supposed to kick off the recordings on a reboot.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

ahwman

Post by ahwman » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:52 am

erkotz wrote:There's likely something wrong with the RecordingRecovery task in Task Scheduler (within the Media Center group) as this is supposed to kick off the recordings on a reboot.
This is a fresh install of Windows 8 and I don't see a task named "RecordingRecovery". I do see one called "RecordingRestart" notated as "Restarts recordings after a power failure." It shows that the last run result completed successfully.