Media Center UI Hangs during Live TV

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
bigsid05

HTPC Specs: Show details

Media Center UI Hangs during Live TV

Post by bigsid05 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:15 am

Posting this in the Ceton forum since this only appears to happen when playing back Live TV.

Strange problem that has popped up very recently - If I do a clean boot of my HTPC, start WMC and then select 'Live TV' all works fine for ~15 minutes (amount of time varies). After that, the Media Center UI starts to hang (e.g. pusing the green button on my remote does something after ~30 seconds) though playback of the channel continues normally. I can't do anything in WMC unless I shut it down via ctrl+alt+del termination of ehshell.exe. If I restart MCE, the problem continues once I select 'Live TV" and I no longer have to wait that ~15 min delay, it occurs almost immediately. This seems to ONLY happen with Live TV playback, if I play back a recording everything works normally and background recordings appear to be working fine. It seems like TV playback is fine but Media Center is doing something in the background only during Live TV that causes it to hang? Not sure what the issue could be here - any help would be greatly appreciated!

System is a i5 3570k/8GB RAM/onboard HD4000/single Ceton InfiniTV4 installed.