Samsung MR-00EA1

Troubleshoot and discuss the XBOX 360, XBOX One, Linksys, and other extenders.
sleeper42

HTPC Specs: Show details

Samsung MR-00EA1

Post by sleeper42 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:40 pm

Has anyone used the Samsung MR-00EA1 extender? I can't find a lot of into out online. I just wanted to see what the consensus was.

gpatlanta

Post by gpatlanta » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:37 am

I remember when this thing came out but barely heard of it again. Samsung apparently designed it to only work with Samsung TV which was a colosal bad idea and misread of the potential use. If I recall correctly, it doesn't have any way to get input except from a proprietary Samsung cable that hooks up to only some of their TVs as of 2009 or something like that. Also, dont know if they continued to incorporate that feature in all tvs going forward. Interested though if anyone else knows anything. I agree it is strange how little information is available.
Greg

stuppid

Post by stuppid » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:40 pm

I have one and it works great. It says though it only works with Samsung TVs. It's only connection to the TV is HDMI. Video and recorded TV work flawlessly. I have a little trouble sometimes with music. I have a 360Gb music library and I think the number of songs and albums locks it up sometimes. I use my remote that came with my TV instead of the remote that came with the extender most of the time. The only buttons I am missing are the skip buttons. Definitely only use it wired to the network. The wireless stinks.

sleeper42

Post by sleeper42 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:20 pm

thanks for the info. Maybe I'll just get another xbox360... maybe a used one from Craigslist or something.

josim

Post by josim » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:30 pm

Just ordered one from fleabay to go with my 2008 Sammy 46", 550 series. This will replace a Linksys DMA2100 that will be re-used in my den. Never really watched a lot of live TV through MC but, I've added a Ceton InfiniTV 4. This and an additional extender will allow me to watch HD ESPN, The Golf Channel etc while surf the net on my desktop.

Ordered from china so, wish me luck. Should take 3 weeks to get delivered. :|

John

josim

Post by josim » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:52 pm

Update.
I received and installed my Samsung extender. I works pretty well. It came with instructions in Japanese or Chinese, I can't tell which. Having installed extenders before, having no instructions was no problem.

It came with a bracket which connects to the set back so, it's out of sight. It uses IR receiver on the TV set. It operates at about the same speed as my DMA2100. I think I am taxing the old desktop computer providing service to these extenders and a Ceton InfiniTV 4. May have to upgrade to something Sandy Bridge in the future.