[RESOLVED] ehrecvr.exe crashing every 1-2 hours

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
RealCodeGuy

HTPC Specs: Show details

[RESOLVED] ehrecvr.exe crashing every 1-2 hours

Post by RealCodeGuy » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:23 pm

Yesterday, the main pc and 3 extenders played 4 or 5 hours before crashing. Today, it's happening every hour. I've never had this happen until the extenders came into play. Media center just locks up and stops playing video. Restarting media center will fix it, but sometimes I have to reboot. Is this an issue with extenders or is something else going on? It's acting like a there's a memory or resource leak somewhere.

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:39 pm

It's not normal. While we only have 2 Extenders, I've never seen that happen in over 2 years using Extenders.

RealCodeGuy

Post by RealCodeGuy » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:27 am

Hey Motz, I've confirmed this only happens when the Echos are connected and playing. I can live with the frame rate / jittering video until it's fixed, but all tuners crashing every hour or two is really annoying. Should I open a support ticket for this or do you have any other suggestions to try? Again, it only crashes while the Echos are connected and playing. Please help.

JAS

Post by JAS » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:53 am

What are you using for Antivirus software on the media PC?

I've noticed that the the lastest version of Symantec I got from Comcast causes issues with ehsell, etc on my media box. Uninstall it, issues go away. Never had issues with my media PC until I installed this new verion. I'll have to look up what version of Symantec I'm using however it's obviously having issues with RDP sessions and WMC.

Although, I have yet for the Echo to crash the media session yet. Not going to complain about that part.

RealCodeGuy

Post by RealCodeGuy » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:36 am

Motz

Post by Motz » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:57 pm

Glad you got it all working, we will absolutely add it to our knowledge base!
I Write, Code, and Tweet

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:57 am

JAS wrote:What are you using for Antivirus software on the media PC?

I've noticed that the the lastest version of Symantec I got from Comcast causes issues with ehsell, etc on my media box. Uninstall it, issues go away. Never had issues with my media PC until I installed this new verion. I'll have to look up what version of Symantec I'm using however it's obviously having issues with RDP sessions and WMC.

Although, I have yet for the Echo to crash the media session yet. Not going to complain about that part.
Microsoft Security Essentials seems to be effective without interfering.