Re-pair required on power cycle

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
wisewoof

HTPC Specs: Show details

Re-pair required on power cycle

Post by wisewoof » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:30 pm

Been a MC user for a few years now but I'm new to the forum. I'm excited about the echo and it's potential. I initially tried to set it up during the whole update loop mess but it seems to work pretty well now. The one problem I am having is every time I turn off my Echo and turn it back on again it tries to reconnect to my media center and can't. It eventually pops up a new 8 digit code and I have to re-setup/re-pair it with my media center to get it to work again. I tried letting it sit for several hours but it never reconnects. I also disabled the firewall on my media center but no joy. Maybe I am missing something obvious but does anyone else have this problem?

Motz

Post by Motz » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:26 pm

Could you please send in a diagnostic via the echo settings plugin and then post your reference number that pops up. I will have someone look at it ASAP to see if we can see what is going on.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:30 pm

I see something similar with my Linksys DMA-2100 Extender (or I should say my better half does - I don't watch TV in the bedroom very often). If the PC is asleep or doesn't respond, the Extender starts the pairing process - we have to cancel and make sure that the PC wakes up, and then the Extender will reconnect without having to re-pair.

wisewoof

Post by wisewoof » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:51 am

Thanks for looking into this.

Capture id is 90:07:d8

Motz

Post by Motz » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:28 am

Awesome no problem, i have only heard of it happening to 1 person before and we haven't seen it at all here. I will submit the diagnostic to our guys here.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

wisewoof

Post by wisewoof » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:51 pm

I think I figured out the source of the problem. My HTPC is connected to 2 networks, my LAN and an isolated network for my HD Homeruns. Never had conflicts between the 2 networks before but after disabling the HD Homerun network the Echo reconnects. I had the HD Homeruns isolated so file transfers and other high bandwidth activities on my LAN would not interfere with TV viewing/recording. I have moved the HD Homeruns to my LAN for now until I can find a better solution.