[VOB files] Movie playback issues

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
staknhalo

HTPC Specs: Show details

[VOB files] Movie playback issues

Post by staknhalo » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:34 pm

Just updated to the new version on Android. When I go to playback a movie, audio will sometimes play but no video shows. All I get is either an all black screen or just a blank Media Center background image. Playing recorded TV works fine however. Win 7 x64, Android companion app, movies are disc rips in .vob format, .864 beta Ceton services.

Motz

Post by Motz » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:03 am

No code change at all on that portion of the app.... I will test it out of course. (uses the same code to play recorded tv btw)
I Write, Code, and Tweet

staknhalo

Post by staknhalo » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:10 am

Motz wrote:No code change at all on that portion of the app.... I will test it out of course. (uses the same code to play recorded tv btw)
I haven't used playback of any type (TV or movie) since one of the first iterations of the app. So it might not have necessarily gotten borked with this particular update then - I stand corrected on that. But if you want video of it occurring I can provide that (or logs of some type, but I sense that logs won't show the problem seeing as audio plays at times but video doesn't).

Motz

Post by Motz » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:22 am

hmmm interesting. I renamed this thread though as we have tested it a bunch with .avi and m2ts files and all seems to be working.

So when you select a movie you will see "available from" and under it will say "collection".
Long press on there and see if it is the correct file path.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

staknhalo

Post by staknhalo » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:30 am

Yeah it shows the correct path.

Motz

Post by Motz » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:45 am

I don't have any VOB files sitting around here, but I will try to dig some up. I assume that it is something with that.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

staknhalo

Post by staknhalo » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:47 am

Here's what a movie folder of mine looks like.

Typical DVD rip folder/files.

The app points to VTS_01_1.vob as the movie file. That shouldn't matter as double clicking that will play the entire movie fine in Media Player. I believe Media Center recognizes the .ifo or .bup file though in order to see the multiple .vob files as one movie. Otherwise it would show an entry for each .vob file in the Movie Library. Could that have something to do with it? That the app isn't pointing to the .ifo/.bup file? I'm pulling this out of thin air so excuse my ignorance :P