Time and Scheduling Conflicts

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
nadforever

HTPC Specs: Show details

Time and Scheduling Conflicts

Post by nadforever » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:40 am

i have read a few posts a about this subject and tried a few and still seem to have problems over what i used to have with old tuner.

my old tuners I had two QAM tuners in each card and I had two cards which = 4 tuners. if i had back to back recordings and i had it set for 3 minutes after recording it would just use the next available tuner. well with the ceton pcie version this is not happening. i even tried what people said set it to 5 minutes instead of when possible stop at 3 minutes.

and when i did that it worked but it would start the next recording 5min in to the show so i still missed part of the show.still didn't start the show on a different tuner. and i know there was at least one available tuner during all of this.

so what are my next options????

richard1980

Post by richard1980 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:48 am

The only way to force WMC to use multiple tuners for back-to-back recordings on the same channel is to set the stop time of the first recording to 10 minutes after (not "10 minutes after (when possible")) or higher.

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:52 pm

nadforever wrote:my old tuners I had two QAM tuners in each card and I had two cards which = 4 tuners. if i had back to back recordings and i had it set for 3 minutes after recording it would just use the next available tuner. well with the ceton pcie version this is not happening. i even tried what people said set it to 5 minutes instead of when possible stop at 3 minutes.
Were you using Windows 7 with your old tuners - the required overlap changed with Windows 7, it's not the Ceton tuners that have caused the change in behavior.

nadforever

Post by nadforever » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:56 pm

yes i was using windows 7. i dont remember now what tuners they were woudl have to go and look them up wanna say avermedia...

nadforever

Post by nadforever » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:58 pm

The original install after the avermedia tuners did this. and abotu a month or so ago i reinstalled windows 7 with this tuner and still getting the same trouble.... i will try over 10 minutes...

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:20 pm

nadforever wrote:The original install after the avermedia tuners did this. and abotu a month or so ago i reinstalled windows 7 with this tuner and still getting the same trouble.... i will try over 10 minutes...
Well then your setup must have been special - every other Windows 7 user had to set "At least 10 minutes" to for Windows 7 to use 2 different tuners for back-to-back recordings. It's a Windows 7 setting - it has nothing to do with what tuners you have.