Is the Time off on this website?

The Green Button has risen from the grave. Brought back to life by a few enthusiasts who think the same way you do. Help us make this site better!
foxwood

HTPC Specs: Show details

Is the Time off on this website?

Post by foxwood » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:59 pm

I noticed that the timestamps on my posts here are off by an hour - it's currentky 1:57PM here, but the last message posted on the Unread messages index says it was posted at 2:43PM. I've verified that my Timezone is set properly in Preferences.

I't's not a big deal, and I can just change my TimeZone setting if it really bothered me, but I thought I'd ask if it's only me, or is everyone else getting this?

STC

Post by STC » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:41 pm

Well spotted. Mine is off too by one hour.
I'll check with holidayboy with regards to the hosts, daylight savings etc etc.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

dmagerl

Post by dmagerl » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:40 pm

I noticed the time off too.

In your profile there is a setting "summertime/DST in effect yes/no"

I gather that this doesnt mean "automatically set the time ahead for DST every year". Rather it means "If its summer you have to set this to yes, if winter set this to no".

In other words, you have to manually change the setting twice a year, or the posting times will be wrong.

Kind of non-intuitive.

makryger

Post by makryger » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:56 pm

yeah, i guess i misunderstood the dst meaning too. I have turned dst off for everyone for now. I think it should go into affect for everyone now.

If people want to switch back, then you can do so manually as dmagerl outlines above.
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:47 pm

It seems like an odd option for a user preference - it's not as if DST is "optional". I just checked, and the setting was set to Yes for me, so I set it to No, and sure enough the time is now displaying correctly.

Odd.

makryger

Post by makryger » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:49 pm

oh... well i thought i turned it off for everyone. I guess it didn't apply? Hrm.
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:38 pm

makryger wrote:oh... well i thought i turned it off for everyone. I guess it didn't apply? Hrm.
I left my browser window open, so I was still logged in. I guess if I had logged out and logged back in, the setting would have been applied.

STC

Post by STC » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:04 pm

This issue did not happen last year :/
I logged off then back on but nothing changed.
I had to turn off my member DST setting for the time to correct itself.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:56 pm

dmagerl wrote:I noticed the time off too.

In your profile there is a setting "summertime/DST in effect yes/no"

I gather that this doesnt mean "automatically set the time ahead for DST every year". Rather it means "If its summer you have to set this to yes, if winter set this to no".

In other words, you have to manually change the setting twice a year, or the posting times will be wrong.

Kind of non-intuitive.
I just noticed that the time stamp being displayed on posts was off by an hour. I had to search for this old thread to remind me that I have to manually turn on Daylight Savings Time in my Profile.