Go to desktop + start ehshell maximized on win8?

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
scyto

HTPC Specs: Show details

Go to desktop + start ehshell maximized on win8?

Post by scyto » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:13 am

Ceton guys,
Can you add a feature to the companion app or ceton echo app that makes Windows 8 go to the desktop and start media center and ensure it is the front process on screen?

While I have solved how to get to the desktop with an exe I found that one runs as a scheduled logo task. However every technique I have tried to start ehshell results in it full screen but with the task bar on top of it, requiring a click.

I am sure this would be simple for you guys to add, pretty please.... (With a neat installer to create the scheduled task too....)

milli260876

Post by milli260876 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:03 am

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/24 ... omize.html

Create a shortcut from this guide I'm sure that would be easy to execute from anywhere....
Lee

mikinho

Post by mikinho » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:39 pm

Sure. I'll post a beta soon.

staknhalo

Post by staknhalo » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:07 pm

mikinho wrote:Sure. I'll post a beta soon.

mikinho

Post by mikinho » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:29 am

No I'm serious. Will be available soon...obviously other things take priority but I'll be glad to fulfill quick requests by the community (always have)

staknhalo

Post by staknhalo » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:02 pm

Well, damn. If a couple of key plugins get made with Win 8 compatibility, I just might make the switch on my HTPC then. Will finally get to make use of that storage spaces feature. Good stuff mikinho :D

scyto

Post by scyto » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:28 pm

milli260876 wrote:http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/24 ... omize.html

Create a shortcut from this guide I'm sure that would be easy to execute from anywhere....
Oh there are a million (well at least half a dozen) ways to do it. However given the focus of Ceton it seemed a perfect suggestion to make their apps as valuable to the broader MCE community and drive interest as well as reduce the number of different hacks I have to implement :-)

And great to see they agreed!

Hmm, perhaps the next request should be for EPG / EPG row-mini customization now that every man and his dog is doing it.

scyto

Post by scyto » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:31 pm

staknhalo wrote:Well, damn. If a couple of key plugins get made with Win 8 compatibility, I just might make the switch on my HTPC then. Will finally get to make use of that storage spaces feature. Good stuff mikinho :D
what else do you want?

staknhalo

Post by staknhalo » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:39 pm

scyto wrote:
staknhalo wrote:Well, damn. If a couple of key plugins get made with Win 8 compatibility, I just might make the switch on my HTPC then. Will finally get to make use of that storage spaces feature. Good stuff mikinho :D
what else do you want?
The most important one is the TV Library plugin I use. It gives me an interface similar to the Movie Library for my TV show rips, along with being bundled with YouTube and podcasts plugins (all for free). It's actively developed but the dev has no intentions of moving to Windows 8 at this time (and it doesn't work on 8 atm). He makes the plugin for himself really and just released it as a favor to the community; so any development has to have some sort of ROI for him. Some of his users have been trying to......gently push him to develop it for 8.

Also I'd want full support of MyChannelLogos.

The rest of my plugins either work or I could live without.

milli260876

Post by milli260876 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:18 pm

Can this be done on a "per user" basis ?
I'd ideally like to have my login the wife&daughters for any pc type requirements then a mediacenter one that just boots you straight into WMC....
Lee

mikinho

Post by mikinho » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:19 pm

Definitely, that is how I am using it.