Using Ceton Companion alongside MediaBrowser/MetaBrowser

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
tmservo

HTPC Specs: Show details

Using Ceton Companion alongside MediaBrowser/MetaBrowser

Post by tmservo » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:02 pm

Just purchased the Ceton Companion for WP8. So far, it looks great, works functional just fine on my Nokia 920. But I've not pointed it at any of my video libraries for one basic reason: I am a long user of MediaBrowser and keep a subscription to MetaBrowser. So, all of my NAS is FULL of about 20+ TB of data that is already properly tagged, .xml files linked and all artwork downloaded. Since I'm also using ClearArt, etc. I don't really want these two metadata services to be fighting it out. Can anyone provide any insight as to how real or unreal these kind of fears are in letting Ceton Companion see my media libraries?

I'm OK as long as it basically does nothing, just reads the metadata already saved there.

mikinho

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by mikinho » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:05 pm

I would suggest waiting until the next build if you are concerned. It will have an option to use existing Media Center metadata (dvdid.xml) files.

Ill try and give an ETA next week