Tuner Not Found after Windows 8 Upgrade

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
orbs

HTPC Specs: Show details

Tuner Not Found after Windows 8 Upgrade

Post by orbs » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:41 am

Hi Everyone,

I took the Win8 plunge on my Media Center (I know, I know... I have a Windows Phone 8 and thousands of songs from Zune Pass which aren't supported on WP8 so I need XBOX Music to sync my giant music library... and yes, this is the only PC I have for this... it's worth it for me...).

Anyway, I'm using a Ceton InfiniTV4 PCIe card as my tuner. I installed the Beta Ceton drivers and in the Ceton Diagnostic tool, the card shows up however a network issues prevents it from getting a signal. Resetting the network in the diagnostic tool fails.

Media Center was able to detect my tuner to setup the TV but it can't tune any channels - instead, I get the error: "no tuner available to satisfy the current request"

Previously recorded content, including copy-once content, plays just fine.

Has anyone run into the same issue and solved it? Thanks!
Jared

orbs

Post by orbs » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:12 am

Update: I submitted a ticket to Ceton and they got back to me first thing this morning (awesome!). They suggested I install a firmware upgrade but before I could do so, the tuner started working! I'm watching HBO as I type this. If I encounter issues this week, I'll report in this thread and I'll try the firmware upgrade.

pduncan1963

Post by pduncan1963 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:12 pm

orbs wrote:Update: I submitted a ticket to Ceton and they got back to me first thing this morning (awesome!). They suggested I install a firmware upgrade but before I could do so, the tuner started working! I'm watching HBO as I type this. If I encounter issues this week, I'll report in this thread and I'll try the firmware upgrade.
I also upgraded to Win 8 for a while, I was running Win 7 drivers, but have since switched to Win 8. I have to say that Media Center is a lot more responsive in Win 8. Although the Ceton diagnostic tool says that the cable card is not paired properly, all of my channels come in (including HBO) and able to use all four tuners at the same time.

Pretty satisfied with WMC and the InfiniTv in Windows 8.