Echo - Stuttering and dark picture

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
kmp14

HTPC Specs: Show details

Echo - Stuttering and dark picture

Post by kmp14 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:22 pm

Wow, just set up my ceton and I am very disappointed. The picture is dark, soft, and very stutter-y. The review just posted on Missing Remote "echoes" these concerns. I love everything Ceton does, but this is either a big miss, or released way before it was ready. I hope firmawares can improve things, but I am pretty sure all 3 I ordered are gonna be returned.

Seems no one is really talking about these issues?

makryger

Post by makryger » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:28 pm

I'm not saying this will be a magic bullet, but for the bluriness, try installing the echo set up desktop client and changing to 1080 P. default mode is 720.
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC

kmp14

Post by kmp14 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:46 pm

makryger wrote:I'm not saying this will be a magic bullet, but for the bluriness, try installing the echo set up desktop client and changing to 1080 P. default mode is 720.
Thanks, already did that, same bad picture.

jziggity

Post by jziggity » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:13 am

I'm right there with you on the jittery/stuttering video playback, of live and recorded TV. I haven't noticed anything in the way of a darker picture on my setup. I also downloaded the mentioned setup application and tried every available video setting to no avail. I don't WANT to return them, but I'm sure as heck not paying for two $180 fancy paperweights.

RealCodeGuy

Post by RealCodeGuy » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:35 am

Man, I just don't see the slow, stuttering video a lot of people are reporting. My video is smooth, even text that scrolls across the screen on sports center. I did notice some stuttering after they'd been playing for several hours but a quick reboot fixed it.

EDIT: I'll bet this has to do with the fact both mine are connected to 720p sets. When my third one arrives this week it will be connected to a 1080p set. Maybe I'll see the issue then.