Will Echo ever support Blu-ray rips?

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
bigpunk

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by bigpunk » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:26 am

Straight rips to an m2ts file no reencoding. Or will the bit rate be to high for the hardware?
Last edited by bigpunk on Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cncb

Post by cncb » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:25 am

+1 This would be good to know because there have been reports of stuttering and reboots with the current firmware.

cdcellular

Post by cdcellular » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:26 am

bump

Embiggens

Post by Embiggens » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:08 pm

Man this would be sweet. I wouldn't expect a Ceton response on this b/c they are being pretty careful to only discuss specs that are finalized.

When I joined the beta, I assumed this would eventually be possible, and I am still optimistic. I have a ton of faith in Ceton, maybe more than I should- my setup workarounds if this is not the case are a little cruddy.

staknhalo

Post by staknhalo » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:33 pm

I think we should wait until everything that's listed as supported/out of box gets ironed out and working flawlessly before we start asking questions like this. If not, then I want the Echo to get up every day and go to work for me :D Oh, by the next firmware I want this feature too kthnxbai.

michaelw

Post by michaelw » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:59 pm

The day the Echo supports Blu-ray ISOs is the day I order an Echo. :)

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:42 pm

bigpunk wrote:Will Echo ever support Blu-ray rips?

Straight rips to an m2ts file no reencoding. Or will the bit rate be to high for the hardware?
I have played Blu-ray mkv rips of up to 11Mbps without issue. I have also played files up to 20Mbps but they start to look like an impressionist paiting because of massive pixelation or slo-mo in real time as frames are skipped after about 10 minutes of playback. I think the hardware is capable because I've played them on less capable SoC's but it is a matter of implementation of the software to actually do it that is lacking right now.