Error code: 0xC0040524

Help with tuners from ATI, Hauppauge, AverMedia and more.
werds

HTPC Specs: Show details

Error code: 0xC0040524

Post by werds » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:41 am

So what is this error in general or specific? My google-fu was too weak and a quick search of the forum brought up this post by Eric http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 146#p16146

Last night I saw the first blue screen in a long time on the HTPC, windows just called it a general unknown failure. I rebooted and all seemed well until tonight I consistently recieved this error message when my tuners attempted to start a recording. But here was the kicker, this error ONLY showed up on my first ClearQAM tuner (ATI HD650) the other two tuners and the Ceton InfinTV4 showed no such errors when tuning or recording shows this evening.

It wasn't a show stopper and with all the tuners I have at my disposal I wasn't expecting it to be a showstopper (I still need to add a pair of HDDHR3's to my tuner pool). At first I was assuming this might be a general hardware failure and I was going to remove the specific tuner but the little I have read makes me think I better get a better understanding in case it is a deeper issue that will make me suffer the wrath of my wife in the near future when she can't watch one of her shows ;)
Attachments
20121127_222247.jpg

werds

Post by werds » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:41 am

Removed the tuner that was causing the error to pop. Other than wmc complaining about the missing tuner recordings worked fine without the previous error message... but now I am too lazy to test if it was that particular tuner or just a pcie slot or software/driver issues :(

werds

Post by werds » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:27 am

werds wrote:Removed the tuner that was causing the error to pop. Other than wmc complaining about the missing tuner recordings worked fine without the previous error message... but now I am too lazy to test if it was that particular tuner or just a pcie slot or software/driver issues :(

Well had the error pop up again. This time on Tuner #2. When googling the error noticed this thread was linked as the second search result! After some goofing around with my system it appears that I have remove hardware fault as the issue. The way I resolved it this time was by uninstalling the drivers for the ATI ClearQAM tuners rebooting and then allowing windows to re-install drivers for them. Since then no errors popping up on my tuners. I wonder how long before I get the random error again, but for now it appears this simple fix has cleared that issue up quite nicely!