Mini Wireless Media Keyboard with Touchpad

A place to talk about GPUs/Motherboards/CPUs/Cases/Remotes, etc.
cjmccarthy72

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by cjmccarthy72 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:38 am

+1 on the K400. I have no problems at 15 feet, and I never have problems if the keyboard isn't facing the computer.
+2 on that one- I tried most in Maplins- I lived too close to Tottenham Court Road! But this is the only wireless keyboard I have tried which does not drop keystrokes.

I also use this: http://www.maplin.co.uk/universal-remot ... pad-587606 very good and backlit but sometimes I have to pull out and put back in the dongle as the touchpad loses the signal. That has been my experience of most of the other Maplin keypads mentioned on here- including the first poster's example. The other thing with the remote is that the universal remote aspect does not like doing more than one repeated button push for the MCE side of things- which can be a problem for turning up the volume, etc- but that might be my HTPC/ universal remote programming skills to blame!

CyberSimian

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by CyberSimian » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:59 pm

cjmccarthy72 wrote:The other thing with the remote is that the universal remote aspect does not like doing more than one repeated button push for the MCE side of things- which can be a problem for turning up the volume, etc- but that might be my HTPC/ universal remote programming skills to blame!
This sounds like the Media Center debounce bug. Sadly, there is incorrect logic in MC's debounce processing, but this bug manifests itself only if there is a corresponding bug in the universal remote control. I have a "Universal Remote Control MX-850", and a "One for All URC-7950", and they both exhibit this bug when used with Media Center. See this thread:

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... ?f=7&t=385

-- from CyberSimian in the UK