difficulty with remote features of companion app

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
jprice344

HTPC Specs: Show details

difficulty with remote features of companion app

Post by jprice344 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:41 am

Hello,

I downloaded the ceton companion app on my android Motorola Xoom tablet. I installed the server software on my htpc running windows 7 media center with a ceton infinitv card. I'm able to use the app from my tablet to record shows and delete shows that have been recorded but I cannot make any other features work. I can't use the remote to, for example, pause live TV from my tablet or increase volume or change channels, etc. I ran the diagnostic tool from the server software on the htpc and it says everything is running fine.

Is this a common problem and I'm just missing something obvious or a setting that needs to be altered? It seems less intuitive than it should be for such basic, simple controls so I'm thinking that I have to be missing something.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Motz

Post by Motz » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:00 pm

This happens sometimes if WMC was open or extender sessions were open during install. Usually a quick re-boot will fix this up.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

jprice344

Post by jprice344 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:55 am

Thanks motz, a reboot is all it took.