Recommendations for commercial skip?

RyC

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by RyC » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:15 pm

Scallica wrote:I use comskip which works very well. I would like to schedule comskip.exe to automatically run on new files in the recorded TV folder. Does anyone have a working approach to this? I looked into MCEBuddy and it seemed absurdly complicated.
Check out DirMon2, it can monitor a directory and see if the .wtv is missing an accompanying .xml file and then run it on comskip.exe. Then, when you delete the .wtv file it can automatically clean up the .xml

hunnypuppy

Post by hunnypuppy » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:00 pm

Scallica wrote:I use comskip which works very well. I would like to schedule comskip.exe to automatically run on new files in the recorded TV folder. Does anyone have a working approach to this? I looked into MCEBuddy and it seemed absurdly complicated.
Well I've been using MCEbuddy for years, sure there are a lot a options available to advanced users but for regular users it's just install and you're ready to go, almost no configuration required. Infact when I started first, I followed the 5 step guide on the website. It was pretty simple.

However I will admit if you're a power user (like myself) you can really into the tons of settings and tweak the heck out of it. If all you're looking to do it run comskip, just select the option to Only detect commercials and it'll skip the conversion part. When I personally liked was that I can use SA and Comskip at the same time for different recordings (some channels work better with SA for me).

STC

Post by STC » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:23 am

Comskip together with DTB does the job well.

http://babgvant.com/blogs/andyvt/archiv ... ction.aspx
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123