Live TV sound issues

Ekstreme

HTPC Specs: Show details

Live TV sound issues

Post by Ekstreme » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:29 pm

Hiya all, I just managed to get Windows 8 pro installed and added the Media Centre addon successfully, However, live TV appears to have some issues. At first I had an issue where no channels would play; missing codec error. A simple reboot fixed that. However now I have sound issues on HD channels.

Within about 2 seconds of the audio starting, it jams up and sounds like a stuck CD. SD channels work fine, and older HD recordings from Win 7 also play fine. My setup is straight HDMI from my PC to a Pioneer amp, then through to the TV.

Anyone have any ideas as to what I can do? I quickly tried the Shark 007 codec pack, but this has made no improvement.

Thanks for your help.

Cyterio

Post by Cyterio » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:43 pm

How is your audio set up? Do you have it running through a receiver via an optical cable or to PC speakers? Have you set up the audio in Media Center with the proper configurations?

I had issues when I first upgraded to 8 when switching between 5.1 audio stations and stereo, the audio would just stop picking up and I would get nothing. A quick download of spdifer fixed everything. I have mine output via optical cable into my receiver, you might just need to update your soundcard drivers depending on your setup.

Cyterio

Post by Cyterio » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:47 pm

Sorry, ignore the first paragraph of my reply, completely missed that you stated your setup. I would try spdifer or if youre using the standard windows audio driver, try downloading the specific drivers for your audio.

Ekstreme

Post by Ekstreme » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:53 pm

Mine is all HDMI, and all drivers have been updated, latest Win 8 Intel HDMI drivers and latest Realtek Win 8 drivers. I tried spdifer, but not really sure what I'm doing with it.

Tried lots of settings, still no luck

Cyterio

Post by Cyterio » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:01 pm

If you're using straight HDMI all the way through then spdifer won't work for you, sorry. I'd just be throwing darts here but try checking your sound properties in the task bar, make sure you have all formats and frequencies selected that are compatible with your setup. Also look at your video card settings, I know with the NVIDIA I have, there is a check box you have to enable in the settings if you're using HDMI with audio or without. Try a different HDMI cable? If all else fails, try the optical output on your PC.

Ekstreme

Post by Ekstreme » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:13 am

Just reinstalled Win 7 to check all the drivers etc, The one thing that stands out, is my amp is using Microsoft HD Audio Codec which should be Intel HD audio! Must not have installed properly when I installed the video drivers.

Annyway, rebuilding Win 8 now with the zip packaged drivers on hand for a manual install. I'll update when I'm done. Thanks for being a sounding board so far.