YAMMM Settings Being Ignored

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
mriksman

HTPC Specs: Show details

YAMMM Settings Being Ignored

Post by mriksman » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:37 am

Hi,

I have the following options set in the 'YAMMM' part (metadata and artwork)
[x] Folder Art
[x] Fan Art
[x] Backdrop/Fan Art
[ ] Save *.original.jpg

Except in each folder, I get the Folder Art (*.jpg) and Original (*.original.jpg). But no Fan Art, or Backdrop Art.

It also isn't creating the *.wvx files for mutil file movies.

It's like it isn't looking at the settings at all...?
Last edited by mriksman on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

mriksman

Post by mriksman » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:46 am

And there are a few movies that just won't get touched by YAMMM.

Does the [tmdb=xxxx] still work? It has done nothing yet. I've tried restarting the YAMMM service, and it picked up a bunch of new folders I had added, but will not touch these [tmdb=xxxx] folders, or a few others that seemed to be named perfectly fine. Like '2012'.

EDIT. Seems to be working now. It seems it is struggling with the '-' character as a replacement to the colon, when the title has a colon in it.
Last edited by mriksman on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Motz

Post by Motz » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:54 am

If [tmdb=] isn't working try to use imdb.com with the [imdb=xxxx] tag on it.

I test both before we released though. I am not sure if the backdrop stuff is actually in there might have been an oversight.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

mriksman

Post by mriksman » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:19 am

It's like it isn't looking at the settings at all...?

mikinho

Post by mikinho » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:21 pm

Sorry just saw this, can you send me a PM with the contents of your %ProgramData%\Ceton\CData\cdata.config

jacobsjg

Post by jacobsjg » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:12 pm

I'm seeing similar not respecting config issues, so figured I'd post here first. I unselected all Metatdata settings as I use metabrowser already. Under artwork, everything is unselected there as well. Image size is set to original. I am using 12.10.20.864. I am seeing in each movie directory a folder.original.jpg rename of my original higher res folder jpg, and a new folder.jpg that is the same size as the original, but 300xsomething, scaled down res.

Aside from having to now script up something to restore all the original jpg's, how can I be assured this won't happen again for all the existing folder.jpgs?

Can open a support ticket if desired.

mikinho

Post by mikinho » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:57 pm

I'll take a look at it today.

For restoring your original, you can use the below. It will find any folder.jpg files with corresponding folder.original.jpg and restore them.

Code: Select all

FOR /R %i IN (folder.jpg) DO IF EXIST "%~dpi%~ni.original%~xi" (DEL /A:H "%i">NUL) && (ATTRIB -H "%~dpi%~ni.original%~xi") && (MOVE "%~dpi%~ni.original%~xi" "%i") && (ATTRIB +H "%i")
Run it from a command prompt at the root of your movies folder. i.e. If you have your movies in D:\Movies\ run it from there.

jacobsjg

Post by jacobsjg » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:10 pm

mikinho wrote:I'll take a look at it today.

For restoring your original, you can use the below. It will find any folder.jpg files with corresponding folder.original.jpg and restore them.
That worked to restore the originals, thanks.

I think my initial settings must have been to uncheck the resize option, but to leave the size selection as is. To debug this I must have also switched to leave original size at some point, as I am not seeing the auto resize occurring now, with both options set as described.

Although now the original files have been restored, no new movies that have not already been resized have a picture shown from the companion android app. I waited overnight to see if there was just a delay, rebooted, waited, no change that I can see. Something that was done when the improper resizing occurred also got the picture being shown within app working.

I force stopped the android app, cleared data/cache and reset all the login info, and see that the old movies that had pictures before once again do, but still no new movies.

I did not have meta browser configured to save meta data / folder.jpg as hidden files. I tweaked that and manually set some to hidden, but that did not seem to affect it.

What does the companion services program use to help grab a picture from a movie folder? All of the other metadata is there, just no picture?

pzjuls

Post by pzjuls » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:00 am

Hi I cant get yamm to work ether I have renamed folders but it just isn't working I have it pointed to the correct folder i have looked in C:\ProgramData\Yammm\Cache but that folder is empty running windows 8 please help what should I do Next.
Cheers Juls

mikinho

Post by mikinho » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:24 pm

The Windows 8 is a beta with that being a known issue. I'll be releasing a fix early next week. (I was on vacation this week)