Remote and Watch not working

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
mriksman

HTPC Specs: Show details

Remote and Watch not working

Post by mriksman » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:25 am

I have iOS6 with the latest app, and a Windows 7 MC.

The Remote feature will not work on either the Xbox 360 extender, or the main PC.

The Watch button detects both devices, and when I select the PC, nothing happens. Once only, when I selected the extender, it said 'Cannot play back file' on the extender. However, now (and even after a reboot), nothing happens AND the iOS app crashes as well.

Cheers.

BTW - this is probably the best app idea I've seen for WMC and mobile devices AND incorporates YAMMM which I have used for years! Good to see mikinho still around. Looking forward to Windows 8 support and TV Series metadata/library.

Motz

Post by Motz » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:48 am

Can you do a reboot of PC. This usually fixes it up.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

Motz

Post by Motz » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:54 am

Woops just saw you said you rebooted. Interesting. I just got off bus on the way home so let me think about it for a sec.

If you were and yammm user perhaps it is detecting the wrong file location. You could clear yammm cache by deleting the C:/program data/yammm folder and restarting the yammm service.

Although it sounds like an issue with the plugin in media center. Perhaps uninstall services. Reboot. Reinstall and reboot again. All the rebooting is for extender sessions.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

mriksman

Post by mriksman » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:21 am

I am testing all this on my folks 7WMC. The movie library resides on PC (now an 8WMC). So being a fresh install, I have no metadata service set up yet. I installed the Companion App on my folks PC, and set up the network so that YAMMM is now sorting out my metadata on my own PC through the network.

...Although... Even though it created new files *.original.jpg - even though I said not too - the folder.jpg I am seeing on my PC is NOT the same picture I am seeing on my iOS app (the ones in the YAMMM cache)? Also - doesn't YAMMM put the XML data in each folder?

I'll try removing all xml and jpg files from my movie directory, clearing the cache, and restarting the service.

mriksman

Post by mriksman » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:29 am

OK, new dvdid.xml and jpg files are coming through. Still saving the *.original.jpg files though after I have deselected the option...?
Last edited by mriksman on Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:36 am, edited 3 times in total.

mriksman

Post by mriksman » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:30 am

Oh and - I tried using the Watch feature on a locally recorded TV show to no avail; so it doesn't appear to be YAMMM/network related.

mikinho

Post by mikinho » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:48 pm

Sounds like a Media Center add-in conflict and\or install issue.

While it is installed, using the same isntaller, reinstall using the Repair option?