WMC randomly loses InfiniTV tuner

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
tjp888

HTPC Specs: Show details

WMC randomly loses InfiniTV tuner

Post by tjp888 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:30 am

I've been pulling my hair out on this one (and I don't have much hair to spare).
I have a Ceton InfiniTV 4 tuner PCI and a cable card from Comcast. This pair worked together flawlessly in my old HTPC (Windows 7 & Core 2 Duo processor). A couple of months ago I constructed a new HTPC. I am using a 3rd generation Core i3 with a Z77 chipset motherboard. Windows 7 Pro (64). It's a sweet system and only uses 40 watts. So, I really want to figure this out. This system is never shutdown - runs 24x7.
My problem is everything in WMC will run fine for days or even weeks. Then suddenly WMC will state it can't locate any tuners. Sometmes all I have to do is go through the WMC TV setup to get things working again. But usually I have to use the Ceton tool to clear out all the tuner information, reboot the computer and then run the WMC TV setup.

I'm stumped as to why the system will run fine for several weeks, then crap out on me.
I've turned off all the power saving options, so nothing is ever disabled or put in sleep mode.
I've disabled any auto-updates for Windows or third party software.

Anyone have any suggestions?

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:01 am

I would contact Ceton Support. They may have a BETA firmware that fixes the issue.
newfiend~

cpubradley

Post by cpubradley » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:57 am

We have a similar issue - works for days or weeks and then cannot find tuners/etc.

For us I have found that a cold boot fixes the problem (for days/weeks), a warm boot doesn't (cannot find the tuners after warm boot). So don't know if you have tried a cold boot to see at the very least that you don't have to re-run the setup again.

The last time I updated to the latest BETA drivers, it increased the average time between needing to do cold boots. So if you haven't, update to the latest BETA drivers/firmware.

I haven't open help ticket since my wife uses this machine all the time and she just pro-actively once a week or so cold boots it - for the most part this keeps it stable. Otherwise if I had more time to troubleshoot, get logs - etc when the error happens I would have opened a ticket - since for us cold boot fixes it and it happens not frequently enough to annoy the wife we just live with it.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:18 pm

What firmware are you on?

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express