Setting up a Windows Media Center plug-in template

dennis72

HTPC Specs: Show details

Setting up a Windows Media Center plug-in template

Post by dennis72 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:57 pm

I am beginning a project which involves writing a plugin for Windows Media Center.

All I want to do at the moment is run the sample project which is included by default in the Windows Media Center SDK. There are instructions to do this included with the project and I have followed these step-by-step.

I am able to run the program within Visual Studio using the Debug feature (just a simple app with four buttons which don't do anything), but I have a problem when trying to create an installer so the program can be installed within Windows Media Center.

The instructions tell me to add this line to the 'Post-build event command line' section of my project:

Code: Select all

"$(ProjectDir)Setup\Build.bat" $(ConfigurationName)
When I go to build my solution (as instructed), I get the following error:

Error   1   The command "%windir%\eHome\McmlVerifier.exe -verbose
-assemblyredirect:"C:\Users\john\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\MediaCenterApplication1\MediaCenterApplication1\bin\Release" 
-directory:"C:\Users\john\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\MediaCenterApplication1\MediaCenterApplication1\Markup"
REM "C:\Users\john\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\MediaCenterApplication1\MediaCenterApplication1\Setup\Build.cmd" Release
"C:\Users\john\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\MediaCenterApplication1\MediaCenterApplication1\Setup\Build.bat" Release
" exited with code 9009.    MediaCenterApplication1
I have chosen to write the plugin in C# and this is my setup at the moment:
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
- Microsoft Visual C# Express 2010
- Windows SDK v6.0
- Windows Media Center SDK v7.1
- WiX Toolset v3.7
Does anyone have any ideas as to what is going wrong? If not, what would be a recommended forum for WMC developers? The forums I have looked at so far all seem to be very quiet.

Thanks in advance.

4trmceclients

Post by 4trmceclients » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:02 am

what use you Build.cmd or Build.bat ?

in project project properties :

under Build Events tab
Post build have i this

%windir%\eHome\McmlVerifier.exe -verbose -assemblyredirect:"$(FullyQualifiedOutputPath)" -directory:"$(ProjectDir)Markup"
under Debug tab

Start Options this

assemblyredirect:"C:\Users\Kay\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\ForTheRecord.UI.MediaCenter\ForTheRecord.UI.MediaCenter\bin\Release" -markupredirect:"resx://ForTheRecord.UI.MediaCenter/ForTheRecord.UI.MediaCenter.Resources/,file://C:\Users\Kay\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\ForTheRecord.UI.MediaCenter\ForTheRecord.UI.MediaCenter\Markup\,.mcml"

dennis72

Post by dennis72 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:33 pm

4trmceclients wrote:what use you Build.cmd or Build.bat ?

in project project properties :

under Build Events tab
Post build have i this

%windir%\eHome\McmlVerifier.exe -verbose -assemblyredirect:"$(FullyQualifiedOutputPath)" -directory:"$(ProjectDir)Markup"
under Debug tab

Start Options this

assemblyredirect:"C:\Users\Kay\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\ForTheRecord.UI.MediaCenter\ForTheRecord.UI.MediaCenter\bin\Release" -markupredirect:"resx://ForTheRecord.UI.MediaCenter/ForTheRecord.UI.MediaCenter.Resources/,file://C:\Users\Kay\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\ForTheRecord.UI.MediaCenter\ForTheRecord.UI.MediaCenter\Markup\,.mcml"
I am using the same arguments.

The reason I am using the command which includes "Build.bat" is because that is what the Readme file advises me to do.

I am confused by this as I do not have a Build.bat file in my project.