Xbox WMC startup

Troubleshoot and discuss the XBOX 360, XBOX One, Linksys, and other extenders.
deepnoizer

HTPC Specs: Show details

Xbox WMC startup

Post by deepnoizer » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:13 pm

I'm fairly new to all of this and I got to say I'm loving my setup so far but there is only one problem left that stops me from returning my last STB to cable company.
While using 360 with Microsoft XBOX 360 Media Remote is there a way to turn on xbox directly or have it start at WMC screen? even better live TV? I find it annoying having to dig around the menus in the morning while waking up and just trying to see some news.

Thx

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:16 pm

Absolutely. It's in one of the XBox setup screens.

I bought two XBoxen strictly for extender duty. I turn them on, and within 30 seconds they're connected and showing the MC screen.

Now that you know that it *can* be done, you'll probably dig through and find it in three seconds and kick yourself for even wondering.

deepnoizer

Post by deepnoizer » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:41 pm

adam1991 wrote:Absolutely. It's in one of the XBox setup screens.

I bought two XBoxen strictly for extender duty. I turn them on, and within 30 seconds they're connected and showing the MC screen.

Now that you know that it *can* be done, you'll probably dig through and find it in three seconds and kick yourself for even wondering.
Did not even cross my mind MS would bother to include that !

Even found a video how to do it:
http://thedigitalmediazone.com/2011/12/ ... dashboard/

Thx for help !

bobbob

Post by bobbob » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:05 pm

there's even an addin to get it straight into live tv, or any of the menu items actually http://www.missingremote.com/guide/chan ... nter-valve