Tuners gone after reboot

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
zoomon

HTPC Specs: Show details

Tuners gone after reboot

Post by zoomon » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:56 pm

This seemed to happen after a windows update. When I was asked to reboot the computer I could not start up WMC and watch TV. It could not find the tuners. I had to open up the Infinitv app and then click on Clear Tuner Cong and then click on Discover tuners. I then have to go into WMC task and find tuners. This is a pain every time I have to reboot. Did a setting get changed or something?

Thanks.

Tom

werds

Post by werds » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:19 pm

odd - I had the same weirdness happen after a windows update yesterday. Although a simple reboot of my PC fixed the issue - I'll have to recheck when I get home if all is still fine but I think it was ok this morning otherwise the WAF would have dropped considerably!

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:59 pm

Try re-running through WMC tuner setup and see if it changes anything.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

zoomon

Post by zoomon » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:34 am

If you rebooted and tv worked it is fine. Soon as I reboot and turn on WMC and go to live TV or Guide it sits there for a while until it comes up no tuner available. I have to close WMC open Infinitv do a Clear Turner config then a discover tuner and then run WMC to find them again. It is all good until I have to shut down my computer and go back to step one again.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:58 pm

If you have not already, I would recommend upgrading to our beta drivers and then beta firmware (available at http://cetoncorp.com/infinitv_support/b ... er-update/ ) and see if that helps

zoomon

Post by zoomon » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:58 am

OK will try and report back

zoomon

Post by zoomon » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:26 am

yep no luck. Even lost tuners without a restart yesterday.

zoomon

Post by zoomon » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:07 am

Hi there, I am going to bring this up again becuase I am still having the same problem. If I have to restart my computer WMC does not find my tuners. I have to go to the diagnostic tool click on the clear tuner config and then Discover tuners. Then go into WMC and reset them up. It is a pain when I update software or add something new and I have to reboot. Any suggestions? Not sure if this helps but it says my Drive Package Ver is 1.5.4304.6

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:35 pm

Do you have any firewall/antivirus software installed? If so, remote (not disable) it and see if that makes a difference.

zoomon

Post by zoomon » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:30 pm

What is remote? I understand disabling it but have never set it remote.

richard1980

Post by richard1980 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:46 pm

I'm pretty sure he meant to type remove, not remote.

jjhtpc

Post by jjhtpc » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:30 pm

I am having the same problem. I just built a new machine and dropped the ceton pcie into it.

Every time I restart (either restart or stop and start) the pc I have "service unavailable". To resolve this I must either dactivate the tuners and reactivate them, or let the computer go to sleep and wake it up.
I have no idea why this is happening, but it is really frustrating.
My previous build had older fw/software and I never had this problem.

Any insight would be great. I would think that the wake scenario is relying on the toggle tuners script, and maybe this needs to be setup to run on power on as well.

jjhtpc

Post by jjhtpc » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:31 pm

Ok so I did some trouble shooting last night. Setup a ticket with ceton and I figured one thing out.

Is anyone else using an ASrock board and if so, did you by chance have fast boot enabled..... I think this may be my problem.

This essentially stops the pc from doing an actual restart and does a hybrid s3/s4 restart. Since the pc doesn't see this as a sleep/wake cycle the card gets initialized by ceton diagnostics but not fully installed. This is my theory right now. I will need to jump on after work remove the fast boot utility in windows and then restart/reboot the machine to see if this problem persists.

Hope this helps others. Pretty crazy as I completely forgot I have the fast boot enabled.

Dkeyguy1

Post by Dkeyguy1 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:39 am

zoomon wrote:Hi there, I am going to bring this up again becuase I am still having the same problem. If I have to restart my computer WMC does not find my tuners. I have to go to the diagnostic tool click on the clear tuner config and then Discover tuners. Then go into WMC and reset them up. It is a pain when I update software or add something new and I have to reboot. Any suggestions? Not sure if this helps but it says my Drive Package Ver is 1.5.4304.6
I would recommend download and install latest driver package. I myself am also running latest beta firmware on both pcie units, works great. But beta isn't for everyone.
If not for you just get latest. And not that it has anything to do with your current,?, I also had an issue with advanced power settings under windows, and usb going to sleep?
I think this was it , long time ago...
http://www.cetoncorp.com/support/index. ... provements

jjhtpc

Post by jjhtpc » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:48 pm

For me the ceton issue was resolved by removing a program that came with the install of my mobo. AppexAcceleratorUI. Thanks to the ceton support team for the assistance. I think I learned another lesson today. I am never installiing the bloatware cds that come from the hardware manufacturers. Get you system up and running go online to the manufacturer and download the latest stable driver.

I have two issues from the ASrock bloatware garbage. Luckily this resolved one of them, and the ceton infintv is working like a champ again.