Best Remote for XBox 360

Troubleshoot and discuss the XBOX 360, XBOX One, Linksys, and other extenders.
foxwood

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by foxwood » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:04 am

adam1991 wrote:seems like most people here are in a heavily involved and complex home theater setup, and that an extreme minority of people is just watching TV. Is that true?
I'd say that 95% of my use of Media Center is recorded TV.

crawfish

Post by crawfish » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:18 am

foxwood wrote:I'd say that 95% of my use of Media Center is recorded TV.
100% of my use of Media Center is TV, with most of that recorded. I use XBMC for all other video.

werds

Post by werds » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:40 pm

I use Harmony 700's in my household. One on the main HTPC and the other two with Xbox 360's as extenders. I chose them because they are highly configurable to your needs, the button layout is very good IMO and easy to navigate blindly due to good layout and button feel/sizes that are easy to tell without looking. Most importantly I chose to use all 700's for 2 other reasons, they are rechargeable in remote with the provided wall wart and usb cable, and keeping all the remotes in the house the same allows anyone to go from one tv to another in the house and with only minor variations the remotes all work and act similarly.

Most importantly, it is wife approved for navigating the Xbox both in and out of WMC so she never needs to pickup an xbox remote.

Jathor9000

Post by Jathor9000 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:31 pm

hsben wrote:Just got everything setup with my new Ceton infinity 4 and the 1 Xbox 360 I have(will be getting more). I don't have any remotes at the moment, so its going to be an issue when the wife needs to start using this thing.

A couple of the rooms will have just a TV + Xbox 360 setup. So I just need something that will turn the tv on/off, and change the volume, plus make it easy for the wife to get into the WMC software on the 360(is there a way to make the 360 boot straight into that :) ? I have seen the older 360 white universal remotes have the green button on them, will that work for the 360?

The main living room uses the TV, sound from the receiver, then the xbox. I do have an older Harmory remote which should work, but was wondering if there's a better solution, the main thing here again is getting into WMC on the xbox 360 quickly/easily....
Hello hsben,

I have the same setup including the wife that needs a simple solution for managing the TV and MCE.

I purchased this from Amazon.com over a year ago for $15 and its the best remote I have owned for managing my Xbox 360 Extender and TV.

Code: Select all

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Universal-Media-Remote/dp/B000B6MLSM/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1353943358&sr=8-4&keywords=xbox+360+remote
The thing I like about it the most is its feel in my hand because it feels solid like a quality product, so don't let the price fool you because this is a very good remote and for $15 you can't go wrong. I own 3 of them for each Xbox 360 in my house and they work great, also the range on them are very good. You will hear some people complain about the range but if you have newer batteries in them the range will always be max distance.

Hope this helps...

Jathor9000

k000

Post by k000 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:13 am

I have this XBox Universal remote by MS.. and like the Green Button on it..

But what I really want is a single button to take me to Windows Media Center and then also turn on Live TV without any other click
So need "WMC turned on on XBox + Live TV" with single click on remote..

Will the Logitech 300 or 300i be able to do it ? I am not looking for too many macros at this time, but only this feature.

Thanks in advance for your help..

nick

Post by nick » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:46 pm

I've been happy with the Harmony 650 universal for extenders.

wilkcards

Post by wilkcards » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:17 am

I have this XBox Universal remote by MS.. and like the Green Button on it..

But what I really want is a single button to take me to Windows Media Center and then also turn on Live TV without any other click
So need "WMC turned on on XBox + Live TV" with single click on remote..

Will the Logitech 300 or 300i be able to do it ? I am not looking for too many macros at this time, but only this feature.

Thanks in advance for your help..
Here's a software solution...very easy...

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 475#p37475