Ceton install question

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
ejvette

HTPC Specs: Show details

Ceton install question

Post by ejvette » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:44 pm

Ordered the Ceton infinititv 4. When I pull the 2 ATI tuner cards do i need to uninstall any drivers or ATI software that may conflict with the ceton card?

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:46 pm

no.

But you will have to go through TV Setup again.

JohnW248

Post by JohnW248 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:19 pm

ejvette wrote:Ordered the Ceton infinititv 4. When I pull the 2 ATI tuner cards do i need to uninstall any drivers or ATI software that may conflict with the ceton card?
If you have tuning adapters for the ATI devices you will find that you need to disable the old TA service. If you do it before you install the InfiniTV4 it'll make it easier to find it. Just go to Services and look for the tuning adapter service and then double click on it and change the start up action to disabled.

Will help you out in the long run. If you don't have SDV, then everything is good.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:58 pm

If you are using Tuning Adapters, you may want to disable the TA service for the ATI (I believe it's called OCUR SDV). Otherwise, there's nothing special you should need to do.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

ejvette

Post by ejvette » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:00 pm

JohnW248 wrote:
ejvette wrote:Ordered the Ceton infinititv 4. When I pull the 2 ATI tuner cards do i need to uninstall any drivers or ATI software that may conflict with the ceton card?
If you have tuning adapters for the ATI devices you will find that you need to disable the old TA service. If you do it before you install the InfiniTV4 it'll make it easier to find it. Just go to Services and look for the tuning adapter service and then double click on it and change the start up action to disabled.

Will help you out in the long run. If you don't have SDV, then everything is good.
Thanks folks appreciate the help.....I'm on cablevision long island so I assume I will need 1 TA on the ceton right?

ejvette

Post by ejvette » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:51 pm

erkotz wrote:If you are using Tuning Adapters, you may want to disable the TA service for the ATI (I believe it's called OCUR SDV). Otherwise, there's nothing special you should need to do.
Do I re enable that service once the ceton is installed or will that happen automatically once the TA is hooked up?

JohnW248

Post by JohnW248 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:34 am

ejvette wrote:
erkotz wrote:If you are using Tuning Adapters, you may want to disable the TA service for the ATI (I believe it's called OCUR SDV). Otherwise, there's nothing special you should need to do.
Do I re enable that service once the ceton is installed or will that happen automatically once the TA is hooked up?
No you leave that service disabled. The Ceton installs its own TA service (which is much better and actually works compared to the ATI DCT TA service). It's just easier to leave it disabled than try and dig it out and edit the registry, etc.