'No TV Signal' Error After Reboot on PC Using Shared Tuner

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
glorp

HTPC Specs: Show details

'No TV Signal' Error After Reboot on PC Using Shared Tuner

Post by glorp » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:05 pm

So a few weeks ago I installed a new InfiniTV PCIe in one little-used computer to use it primarily as a DVR, no live TV. No problems there. A little while later set up tuner sharing for one tuner to be used with my main HTPC for live stuff and occassional recordings. Again no problem getting that working.

But... the last 2 times I've rebooted the PC with the Ceton card in it, the HTPC starts giving me the 'No TV Signal' error on any cable channels until I reboot that computer too. Frankly that's annoying because I don't really want to have to remember to reboot them both every time and it's pretty likely the HTPC will miss recordings as a result.

Last time it happened I ran the Ceton diagnostic utility on the HTPC and it reports all green checks. Clearly it continues to see the card over the network. I also checked channel entitlement on several channels from that diagnostic and they report OK. WMC must be caching some connection information that changes after a reboot of the computer with the card in it. I tried exiting and restarting WMC. No dice. Tried logging on/off and even manually stopping/starting the InfiniTV service. No dice. It took a full reboot of the HTPC and then it immediately starts working normally.

Couldn't find any discussion similar to this in the forum. Is this unusal or typical for anyone else doing tuner sharing? Is there something I'm missing in the set up or network configuration? I've got my router's DHCP to reserve a defined IP for both the DVR computer and the Ceton so I know it's not changing either of them after reboot.