LM Remote KeyMap

Doctor Feelgood

HTPC Specs: Show details

LM Remote KeyMap

Post by Doctor Feelgood » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:55 pm

Anyone ever use this application? So far it just seems so incredible to me.

LM Remote KeyMap - http://www.lmgestion.net/

With all the time I have spent trying to re-program my MCE remotes - and all the software I have tried and been unimpressed by - I am surprised I never found this program until last night...

It has an easy to follow user interface, and it seems to do just what I want. I was testing on a Windows 7 MCE system using a typical monitor, and was able to convert buttons on an HP MCE remote connected via the IR receiver/blaster unit included with a Rosewill remote. This is a Rosewill unit that claims to be learning, but is far from it out of the box.

On the test system I could confirm that buttons could easily be remapped or disabled, and while I could not test the IR blasting functionality yet, I was impressed to see that it could at least learn the codes from a handful of TV remotes and allow me to assign them to buttons on the MCE remote. I never even got that far previously with things like Girder, Intelliremote, Event Ghost). I have my fingers crossed that when I test it once the IR blaster cable is run and the system is in the same room as the TV, that I will be able to end my quest.

Tester

Post by Tester » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:36 pm

Yes I bought it and used it for a while. There are a few things that are a bit confusing and I could never get the blasting to work correctly when waking, especially if a recording was taking place. In the end I determined that this was not really an issue with the software, only what the software was triggering on.

Regardless, I finally had it with blasters so switched to a Logitech 300i which turns on and off all my devices at the same time, blasting was taking too long.

Out of 10, I would give the software an 8.5 and would recommend it.

Tester

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:56 pm

You can change the buttons on the MCE remote with some simple registry edits. The commands that can be triggered by a remote button are limited to a single button on the keyboard though (with ALT, CTRL, WIN, and SHIFT modifiers).

nadforever

Post by nadforever » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:14 pm

hey bar exactly how do i edit the registry for certain buttons? mainly i would like to make a button open MediaBrowser with out having to go the start menu and scrool up and hit enter all the time