New Logitech Harmony Remote Spotted at Best Buy

A place to talk about GPUs/Motherboards/CPUs/Cases/Remotes, etc.
carljanderson

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by carljanderson » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:51 pm

and the Touch went back today. The ONE is $137 right now, and I forgot I had a $50 Reward Zone coupon so I bought a ONE. Had to drive to a different Best Buy, but for saving $150 it was well worth it.

I didn't want to be holding a $250 paperweight if Logitgech doesn't fix the keypad within 45 days.

I was also finding the lack of SKIP and REV annoying. Didn't even check to see if I could re-program those keys.

The programming of the URC R-50 was going fine, but the lack of state memory I could getting to be an issue with my wife. I may keep trying to tune that as time goes on.

werds

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by werds » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:22 pm

mdavej wrote:oarded them). But it's hard to say no to that kind of money. Looks like it's time to sell.

Werds, I like the 700's layout better too. But the 700 has some drawbacks of its own, like having only 6-8 devices versus 12, no sequence capability (unless you use the old software) and so-so battery life.
Well I still use the old software and honestly don't use more than 4 or 5 devices at one time. The battery life is never an issue for me since I just make sure to connect it to charge every evening or at least once a week :)

But yes, the 700 isn't perfect but I find it more functional (as has my wife which is the ever important)