Stuttering video/audio on Live TV only

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
SubEWL

HTPC Specs: Show details

Stuttering video/audio on Live TV only

Post by SubEWL » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:13 pm

http://youtu.be/XXyOqKK3WZU?hd=1

InfiniTV 4 PCI
Driver Package 12.08.28.0019
PCIe driver 1.0.2.4
Firmware 1.1.8.2
Hardware 6210

Fairly new homebuilt HTPC. Ran fine for a couple of weeks, then boot SSD crashed. Reinstalled everything from scratch. Problem occurs on all channels. Movies play fine. In fact, I have recorded TV from before crash, and those all play fine. It's only on Live TV that this problem occurs. At times it gets so bad that it just freezes.

I see there's a beta firmware available, 1.2.1.1. Guess I'll try that.

Any help appreciated.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:49 pm

Have you tried removing and reinstaling the cabelCARD itself? Can you try the Ceton Tuner in another PCIe Slot?
newfiend~

SubEWL

Post by SubEWL » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:54 pm

You mean just physically removing the CableCard?

Hmm, yes, I think there are more PCI slots. But it worked before in that slot. I haven't altered anything physically, nor BIOS settings, since before when it was working fine.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:00 pm

SubEWL wrote:You mean just physically removing the CableCard?

Hmm, yes, I think there are more PCI slots. But it worked before in that slot. I haven't altered anything physically, nor BIOS settings, since before when it was working fine.
Yes, remove and reseat the cableCARD itself make sure it's seated in firmly as it should be. Check the coaxial connections as well to make sure everything is tight.

There are a few things you can try here as well.. http://cetoncorp.com/support/index.php? ... ring-video
if these do not fix it try another PCIe slot..couldn't hurt to try..
refresh rate set to 60hz on your video card?
newfiend~

SubEWL

Post by SubEWL » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:21 pm

Okay, reseated the CableCard, no change.

It seems that link is for TV issues. The TV is fine as it plays movies and previously recorded TV just fine. Also, forgot to mention this significant symptom, the exact same thing is displayed on the Xbox extender. So I'm pretty sure I can rule out anything at the TV end.

Yes, I'll try another slot shortly. Just opened a ticket, got a reply and uploaded a diagnostic Zip. I'll see what they say first.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:27 am

Well since the recorded TV is already on the HDD (and live TV Buffers to here as well) I think you can rule out the HDD as being bad becasue if it were then your previously recorded TV would do the same thing and stutter...(or at least you would think it would...)
Run the Memory Diagnostic on your machine to make sure it's not the memory... any changes in your network lately? is the XBOX Wired (ethernet) or Wirelessly connected?
newfiend~

SubEWL

Post by SubEWL » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:37 am

Right... agreed.

Memory diagnostics pass. Network is wired. Just InfiniTV box & Xbox. Video same on both.

Ceton just had me run another diag, but this time with all four tuners on the same channel. Awaiting their analysis.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:01 am

SubEWL wrote:Right... agreed.

Memory diagnostics pass. Network is wired. Just InfiniTV box & Xbox. Video same on both.

Ceton just had me run another diag, but this time with all four tuners on the same channel. Awaiting their analysis.
well you have my interest .. let me know how this plays out..
hmmm....

SubEWL

Post by SubEWL » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:04 pm

Turned out to be simple signal level problem. While SNR was high, signal was down at -13. Some cabling adjustments and all is fine now. Why it worked before, not sure. Maybe was just on the edge of acceptability.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:45 pm

:D Awesome..glad it was a simple fix..

jchusky77

Post by jchusky77 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:25 pm

Dont mean to bring up a dead thread. however, if anyone else is having this issue...check out the 29/59 issue. There is an issue on some setups where the refresh rate bounces back and forth between 29 and 59. If you google it..they will tell you how to correct it on your system.