Logitech K400 wireless keyboard

A place to talk about GPUs/Motherboards/CPUs/Cases/Remotes, etc.
jr1734

HTPC Specs: Show details

Logitech K400 wireless keyboard

Post by jr1734 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:01 pm

For what it's worth, I highly recommend this little $30 keyboard. I bought it as an impulse purchase walking through Wal-Mart. It has since replaced both the Dinovo Mini and the Lenovo Multimedia Remote N5902 I have used before. It has an almost full size keyboard for the occasions when I use the HTPC as a computer and the touchpad works a lot better than the mouse on either of the other remotes. Also it has separate left and right click buttons (not available on the Dinovo Mini) and big enough keys to actually type on (not available on the Lenovo). There is also a separate left click button on the upper left corner of the keyboard which lets you use it with both hands. It doesn't feel like the greatest quality but it has a good range, and has great ease of use. And it's $30. If Logitech upped the quality of the keyboard and added backlighting I would gladly pay $100 for a keyboard that works like this one. I still use my Logitech Harmony One for watching tv but on the occasions I need to enter data or mess with the settings on the pc side of things, this keyboard is a great option.

jerryt

Post by jerryt » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:12 am

Thanks for the review

RyC

Post by RyC » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:05 am

Same boat here, I use the Harmony One for TV control, but when I need a mouse and keyboard, I have the K400 stashed away. Works perfectly for this.

Mike88

Post by Mike88 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:49 am

Yep, the K400 works like a charm. I don't know how I'd ever get along without it. It makes doing adjustments, downloads, etc a breeze. And it has great range.