Zune add-in???

Ragin Cajun

HTPC Specs: Show details

Zune add-in???

Post by Ragin Cajun » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:08 am

Luckily zune drm media and 7MC play nice (weird. I know.), but as i was litening to music yesterday in MediaCenter, i realized i wanted a few more songs, but i'd have to pull out the ole keyboard and mouse to fire up zune. Not desireable. Any thougts?

cw-kid

Post by cw-kid » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:44 pm

There are no Zune add-ins that I am aware of for Media Center. You could add an icon in Media Center to launch the Zune app, that any good ?

You can use the method on the link below to add in icons to Media Center.

http://windowsmediacenter.blogspot.com/ ... on-in.html
Stuart

The Media Center Blog Tips Tricks & News!
The Digital Lifestyle

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:41 pm

I love Media Center!

I love WP7

I'd really love it if they talked to each other!

Personally, I was hoping for more from Mango, having said that, I'm liking the new IE browser and other stuff.

Native Media Center/WP7 intergration would be great though, how hard can it be - we have a WHS add in!

Of course, the WHS WP7 app can't stream ac3 .wtv files DOH!

You wouldn't get that with an i[enter type of fruit] phone would you?
Rob.

TGB.tv - the one stop shop for the more discerning Media Center user.

gpatlanta

Post by gpatlanta » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:31 am

Have you checked out Remote Potato? I think someone made a WP7 app for it. I can say that I am loving the app for the referenced fruit devices. Full EPG access, remote recording, and media streaming (except DRM of course).
Greg

Ragin Cajun

Post by Ragin Cajun » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:03 pm

cw-kid wrote:There are no Zune add-ins that I am aware of for Media Center. You could add an icon in Media Center to launch the Zune app, that any good ?

You can use the method on the link below to add in icons to Media Center.

http://windowsmediacenter.blogspot.com/ ... on-in.html
Cw-kid,
Thanks! I am aware of this method, as I love Media Center Studio. I don't mind this method, but then it's back to squinting my eyes on the Zune interface.
What's sad is while listening to music on WMC there's a "Buy Music" option, and that takes you to a crappy-hard to navigate music store (not Zune). I wonder why the Zune Marketplace just can't also live inside Media Center? It could only benefit Microsoft more. You could rent/buy movies, music podcast. Am I retarded for thinking this way? It's seems too easy. Heck, Zune MP is on the Xbox!
FYI: I buy TV shows from Zune MP every now and then, and they play great on WMC (as long as it's all on the same PC, because DRM) So there is some "talking" between the two programs, but that's where it stops.

OH well, I'lll keep dreaming. Maybe Win8 will have a Zune integrated Market Place.

cw-kid

Post by cw-kid » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:13 am

That Buy Music option in Media Center has never worked properly to my knowledge and I don't know why its still in there. I agree it seems a no brainer to have the Zune Marketplace content available inside of Media Center. I personally wouldn't use it MS need to lower their prices first.
Stuart

The Media Center Blog Tips Tricks & News!
The Digital Lifestyle