Problems with app launchers within WMC

JonDeutsch

HTPC Specs: Show details

Problems with app launchers within WMC

Post by JonDeutsch » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:32 pm

Hello,

So, as we all know, WMC has been woefully behind in offering connected content. So, people like me are left to adding 'launchers' that link off to other applications to fill this need.

So, I have launchers for Hulu Desktop, Boxee and XMBC. When they work, they work fine.

However, they don't always work on my HTPC. I am using a Core i5 CPU w/HD3000 GPU (I say this because I wonder if it's a GPU driver issue).

About 1/2 the time, when I try to launch Hulu or Boxee (not yet with XMBC), I get a black screen. I can clearly hear my ability to navigate the app in quesiton (Hulu or Boxee) but I can't see it. I need to hit CNTRL-ALT-DEL to get the action menu up, from which I can select the task manager. Once I do that, things appear to all go back to normal.

Has anyone else experienced something like this?

PS - Also, even when I successfully launch an app, and exit, and I'm sent back to full-screen WMC, it's never "in focus" -- requirement me to hit the "start" button to re-gain focus on WMC before I can navigation it, even though I can see the whole thing just fine.