Bing Search Results - Redirect Issue?

The Green Button has risen from the grave. Brought back to life by a few enthusiasts who think the same way you do. Help us make this site better!
STC

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by STC » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:43 pm

ehanson555 wrote:Though I just posted this issue today, I am a longtime lurker of this community forum. I've noticed this /blog issue for at least 6-8 months.
Thanks ehanson555.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

mcewinter

Post by mcewinter » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:50 pm

STC wrote:^^ I'm certainly not picking on you. I'm asking you to help us in correcting this issue by giving us as much info as you can as you also reported it, that is all.

Just like HB, he asked anyone to come forward with info. You reported you saw the problem but you don't know which year(?) Not very helpful.
I did come forward. I don't have dates. It was certainly this year and maybe as early as last year.

I prefer to not land on that page.
Last edited by mcewinter on Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

STC

Post by STC » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:50 pm

Thanks mce :)

STC

Post by STC » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:53 pm

When this was a fledgling site about a year ago, we actually had the blog as the primary page. You'd have to navigate to the forum from it if you didn't have a direct link. The blog was then relegated and the forum pages became primary for the domain.

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:59 pm

@mcewinter: nobody is picking on you, many of us have been helped by your posts, both here, and over at the old tgb.

I don't think that any of us are real MS bashers, if it wasn't for MS then we'd have no MC to talk about!

The blog has been a non starter and may well be destined to history.

The main thing is to move on from here in a positive way. Come the revolution ;)
Rob.

TGB.tv - the one stop shop for the more discerning Media Center user.

mcewinter

Post by mcewinter » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:01 am

holidayboy wrote:@mcewinter: nobody is picking on you, many of us have been helped by your posts, both here, and over at the old tgb.

I don't think that any of us are real MS bashers, if it wasn't for MS then we'd have no MC to talk about!

The blog has been a non starter and may well be destined to history.

The main thing is to move on from here in a positive way. Come the revolution ;)
I'm good. I was pointing out negativity in a negative matter. So yeah, revolution :clap: . Interesting enough that Bing is the culprit.

I didn't mean to sound negative about the blog at all, I guess I just needed a bite to eat or something.