Hauppauge HVR2250 with eHome IR Transceiver-SOLVED

Help with tuners from ATI, Hauppauge, AverMedia and more.
Indyguy

HTPC Specs: Show details

Hauppauge HVR2250 with eHome IR Transceiver-SOLVED

Post by Indyguy » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:33 am

Greetings! I just rebuilt a Win7 (64-bit) machine and want to set up WMC with my Hauppauge HVR2250 card. I also have a HP eHome IR transceiver that I want to change channels in WMC. I had this all working previously with my old Hauppauge 350 card on a 32-bit install, but can't seem to get this new card to set up correctly. I have Comcast cable, which enters via coax into a DTA box. The output of the box (coax) goes into the Hauppauge card. The eHome transceiver blaster is positioned over the IR receiver of the DTA box. I do have Hauppage's WinTV7 installed and working so I know that card is good. How do I set up the Hauppauge card in MEdia Center? Remember I just have the one coax (analog now after the DTA box) input. Should I still have both tuners enabled? When I had this working with the 350 card I also remember having to program the eHome transceiver with the supplier HP remote to get WMC to send the proper codes, but can;t for the life of me remember how I did that. Anyone with a similar setup or tips? I seem to remember in setting up WMC that I had to do it manually and tell it I didn't have a setup box. From there I can't recall what the steps were (that was for the single non-digital tuner 350 card). Help! (and thanks!)
Last edited by Indyguy on Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Indyguy

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Indyguy » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:59 pm

Ok - well I got it to work! Seems like my version of PlayReady PC was corrupted :x I uninstalled it, then re-ran the Setup TV Signal wizard. I also only selected one of the tuners when I set it up (dont know if that was necessary but it worked). I had to reprogram to use my DTA remote but worked fine. Anyway, wanted to pass this along to anyone as something to check if you are having the same problem - cheers