Media Center Launcher Configurator

Fizz

HTPC Specs: Show details

Media Center Launcher Configurator

Post by Fizz » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:15 am

When launching Internet Explorer in Windows Media center, it opens the window briefly and then returns to windows media center home screen. If I minimize windows media center, Internet explorer is there. How do I get it to open and stay open in WMC and, after closing it to go back to WMC home screen.
I have used Media center Launcher configurator to launch IE.
Thanks

joecrow

Post by joecrow » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:30 am

I have the same issue with Firefox. In my case I have a button on my remote (generic MC from Hama) which opens the default browser. Interestingly when I set Internet Explorer (IE9 x 64) as the default browser it works!

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:33 am

HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

cw-kid

Post by cw-kid » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:42 am

For putting an I.E icon in MCE I am no longer using Media Center Launcher Configurator but a new program called ReLaunch works perfectly!

http://madeformediacenter.com/m4mc/app. ... 80f7c38526
Stuart

The Media Center Blog Tips Tricks & News!
The Digital Lifestyle

Fizz

Post by Fizz » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:38 pm

Thanks cw-kid for the link.

Installed it and works like a charm.

How do you close the web page with the remote other than pressing the media center button?
Thanks

cw-kid

Post by cw-kid » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:19 pm

Well that was the problem with MC Launcher Configurator if you pressed back on the remote to go back a page in IE it would exit IE and maximize MCE, that's why I switched to using Relaunch.

I am normally using either a Logitech dinovo mini keyboard or a keyboard / mouse app on iOS so usually just click the red x in IE to close. If you are just using a standard MCE remote not sure how you would exit? You could program a universal remote with Alt+F4 to close the IE app. One assumes if your browsing IE on the TV you have some way to move the mouse cursor from your seat.
Stuart

The Digital Lifestyle

cw-kid

Post by cw-kid » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:25 pm

Or have you tried Kylo browser? A browser designed for the TV.
Stuart

The Digital Lifestyle

Fizz

Post by Fizz » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:19 am

Thanks Stuart for replying back this quickly.
No way to move the cursor. Wanted to check first whether I could get into a web page before buying one of the generic wireless keyboards to play with before investing in a Harmony remote.
Kylo browser looks good.
Any tips on installation?

Cheers
N

lurch66

Post by lurch66 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:30 am

cw-kid wrote:For putting an I.E icon in MCE I am no longer using Media Center Launcher Configurator but a new program called ReLaunch works perfectly!

http://madeformediacenter.com/m4mc/app. ... 80f7c38526
cw kid thanks for this info. You posted it awhile back as well and I have been using it ever since. I mapped one of my buttons on my remote to do a alt+f4 which closes whatever program I am running and returns me to media center. Works like a champ. :clap:

cw-kid

Post by cw-kid » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:25 am

I would not recommend a Logitech dinovo mini as they are crap, on my third replacement. A lenovo mini would be better.
Think I used media center studio to place klyo browser icon in Mce or maybe the klyo installer does it for you? I forget now.
Stuart

The Digital Lifestyle

cw-kid

Post by cw-kid » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:26 am

And the iOS keyboard mouse app I use on my iPod touch is a free one from Logitech called TouchMouse.
Stuart

The Digital Lifestyle

Fizz

Post by Fizz » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:15 am

Does WMC remote work with Kylo TV. I'm getting conflicting reports?

cw-kid

Post by cw-kid » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:24 pm

Fizz wrote:Does WMC remote work with Kylo TV. I'm getting conflicting reports?
Kind of, think you can use the arrow buttons and OK to navigate round the square boxes for the various website links. Would have to try it I forget, but usually have mouse control handy.
Stuart

The Digital Lifestyle

offroad

Post by offroad » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:55 pm

am having a hard time with 7MC and Kylo. Want to put it on the top menu page, but all I get is it on the EXTRA page. Even tried using the WMCCC.EXE application to move it, but it never sees KYLO as an installed extra.

bobbob

Post by bobbob » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:52 pm

i use MCE Reset Toolbox these days to do this. Kylo exists on an Internet TV strip within my MC menu. but getting things from the extras menu to the main menu should be very easy, you just right click on them within the extras menu and tell it to pin to start menu

offroad

Post by offroad » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:10 pm

bobbob wrote:i use MCE Reset Toolbox these days to do this. Kylo exists on an Internet TV strip within my MC menu. but getting things from the extras menu to the main menu should be very easy, you just right click on them within the extras menu and tell it to pin to start menu
Yes I activated that button in the extra menu, and it does not work for Kylo. Thinking I may have to reinstall Kylo again. It does show as a sub menu item in the EXTRAS menu, but I wanted it all the way at the top.

bobbob

Post by bobbob » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:38 pm

i've just tried adding kylo to the start menu the proper way and it does appear on the top line with the extras for me. Have you changed the default menu at all through Reset ToolBox or MC Studio previously? could you have hidden one of the four favourite buttons there?

otherwise, yes i would try reinstalling kylo as its definitely possible to do what you are trying to achieve

offroad

Post by offroad » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:12 pm

It was because in WIN7 you have to right click on the KYLO install app and run as administrator to install KYLO the right way.

offroad

Post by offroad » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:33 pm

am using RELAUCH203 application now. with complete success. It seems to be superior.