Changing Lipsync delay via TCP/IP on a Yamaha AVR

Talk about speakers, TVs, receivers, STBs, etc.
barnabas1969

HTPC Specs: Show details

Changing Lipsync delay via TCP/IP on a Yamaha AVR

Post by barnabas1969 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:56 am

Hi folks. I know this is an unlikely scenario, but I'm hoping that someone out there has managed to change the Lipsync settings on their Yamaha AVR using the YNC or YNCA protocol via TCP/IP.

The remote control that comes with the AVR does not have buttons to increase/decrease the Lipsync delay. There are, however, commands to do so via YNC or YNCA. I've been playing with them tonight, and so far, I have only been able to turn Lipsync to "Auto" or "Manual" via TCP/IP. The specification calls for the ability to specify the delay in milliseconds... but I can't seem to get those to work. I'd really appreciate it if someone has managed to do this. Specifically, if you'd post the XML that you are sending to the AVR to accomplish this, I'd be most indebted to you.

If I can get this to work, I'll be able to program buttons on my remote with + and - icons to increase/decrease the delay "on the fly" without the need to display the clunky OSD from the AVR.

Thanks,
Brian

EDIT: For those who don't know, YNC and YNCA are specifications from Yamaha that describe how to communicate with the AVR via IP. One is an XML format, and the other is kinda like a string command that can be sent. I have tried the XML version to change the Lipsync delay. According to the specification, it should work. I use the XML version to do a bunch of other stuff on the AVR like change inputs, turn the AVR on/off, control my outdoor speakers, etc. I just can't seem to adjust the lipsync.

For the record, the "Auto" lipsync works in most cases... but 24fps BluRay movies need a little extra delay than what is provided by the Auto setting. From what I've read, most TV's that are compatible with Auto Lipsync only send a fixed delay value to the AVR... and not a real-world value based on the frame rate and other settings in the TV that can affect delay.
Last edited by barnabas1969 on Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:19 pm

bump

STC

Post by STC » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:37 pm

Have you tried AVSForum? You may have better luck.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:41 pm

stonethecrows wrote:Have you tried AVSForum? You may have better luck.
Thanks. That's good advice. I'll give that a shot.