No signal on some sub-channels?

Help with tuners from ATI, Hauppauge, AverMedia and more.
TheEmrys

HTPC Specs: Show details

No signal on some sub-channels?

Post by TheEmrys » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:58 pm

I've built and used my htpc for almost a year now, and I've had nothing but great experiences with it aside from one little thing: I get no/very little reception on channels 6.1 and 6.2, however 6.2 comes in like a champ. Moreover, I can view these channels at nearly any time, however I cannot DVR them. It will always default to no signal, and then the channel will not come in at all. I am using a Hauppauge

It is real channel 18, Virtual channel 6.x and its transmitter is located.. well, with every other channel I get. I don't have Hauppaugge's WinTV to compare, however the signal comes in very strong in my bedroom. However, here is the TV Fool report.

Here is a SS of the signal report I'm getting.

I found an old thread for signal issues withVista's WMC, but the path and file no longer exists for W7. That thread could be found here.

What I find very odd is that... well, the call letters for the poor signal are incorrect. Can these be changed?

Cyterio

Post by Cyterio » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:24 pm

I had an issue similar to yours. For some reason my channels were getting duplicate entries in the source selection. I also had 2 qam tuners and the source screen was showing 4 sources. All I did was disable the 2 that had no picture when I previewed them and left the other 2 checked. No problems since then. I think I created the problem when I tried renaming/numbering the channels for easier guide navigating.

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

TheEmrys

Post by TheEmrys » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:22 am

Not sure I see how this is similar. I've got 1 tuner, with 2 sources. Since its a dual-tuner, isn't that how it should be?

dmagerl

Post by dmagerl » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:49 am

The same thing here. None of the channels come in and the station is listed with a callsign from another city. However, the guide in Vista is OK. Only win7 is wrong.

You can try manually adding the channels and see if that fixes things.

TheEmrys

Post by TheEmrys » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:05 pm

Manually adding the channels worked like a charm. Thanks so much. Do I need to do anything special to get the guide working correctly?

dmagerl

Post by dmagerl » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:27 pm

TheEmrys wrote:Do I need to do anything special to get the guide working correctly?
Yes, you have to manually associate the guide listing with the added channel. Then you can just disable the old nonworking channel and you're all set.

TheEmrys

Post by TheEmrys » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:49 pm

Thank you. Worked like a charm. Thank you so much.