Petition Microsoft and Roku

Troubleshoot and discuss the XBOX 360, XBOX One, Linksys, and other extenders.
jaywdetroit

HTPC Specs: Show details

Petition Microsoft and Roku

Post by jaywdetroit » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:50 pm

I have not read this forum in ages. Does anyone from Microsoft read this forum? I realize the state of Media Center is bleak (regrettably) but I have to imagine someone is paying attention.

Anyway, please see this post on Roku's site: http://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=28223

I don't know why it took so long to occur to me, but if someone wrote an Extender application for the Roku, this would be TV bliss. I love the way I can pick my Roku up and move it around the house so easily. Live TV streamed from a Cable card would make the device near perfect.

Comments? Thoughts? Insights?

mark1234

Post by mark1234 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:41 am

Just don't hold your breath waiting.
Windows Media Centre - Abandoned by Microsoft

jaywdetroit

Post by jaywdetroit » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:38 am

I realize that. It really does suck that Microsoft doesn't invest more energy into Media Center.

asm495

Post by asm495 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:42 pm

Media Center is a legacy platform for MS now. They see Xbox 360 as the entertainment device. That doesn't fit in with the server-client model that I would like to see and that MC did wonderfully with Extenders. I would have switched to another platform if something did TV as well as MC but there isn't. I'm sticking with MC for now but I'm actively monitoring to see if another platform will surpass it.