DVBLogic

aeblank

HTPC Specs: Show details

DVBLogic

Post by aeblank » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:02 pm

Hi,

I was reading a thread where someone discussed using DVBLogic. I went to their website to "see what it was all about" and still don't have a clear picture. I would just like an explanation, if I could.

It seems as though it makes non-compatible tuners work in MCE and perhaps makes the tuners also appear on multiple MCEs?
How does this compare to a silicon dust network tuner? Seems like similar functionality.

Just curious.

bobbob

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by bobbob » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:30 am

it is, but it was available way before your silicon dust's and your cetons. i am a dvblink user, i use it because it can use encryption data from my satellite subscription card and get the full package available in media center. there's no other way of doing it. you can make tuners available to any client so that might be MC, it might be a secondary networked version of MC, it could be dvblink client for iOS, there's a web client which i am currently using to watch the cricket at work where they have banned all other video services.

essentially they are now making the dvblink software independent of MC, its becoming a whole separate system. on the latest beta releases the server can be set up to do the recordings outside of MC but make them avalable to any client. once MC dies I think i'll be combining this with xbmc (i believe they are not too far away from a live tv plugin)