Automatic Picture Slideshow

Jefe

HTPC Specs: Show details

Automatic Picture Slideshow

Post by Jefe » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:30 pm

My wife's favorite feature of the HTPC is the screensaver. It's a rolling slideshow of pictures. She likes to think of it as a giant digital picture frame. The problem is that the screensaver will come on when I'm watching certain shows, including Netflix. Is there a way to create an add in, or a shortcut to have the screen saver come on when I want?

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:31 pm

I don't recall ever seeing the screen saver come on when I'm watching Netflix. Are you using MCE Standby Tool (MST)?

.Nico

Post by .Nico » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:07 pm

Jefe wrote:My wife's favorite feature of the HTPC is the screensaver. It's a rolling slideshow of pictures. She likes to think of it as a giant digital picture frame. The problem is that the screensaver will come on when I'm watching certain shows, including Netflix. Is there a way to create an add in, or a shortcut to have the screen saver come on when I want?
Create a shortcut on the desktop to: C:\windows\ehome\ehshell.exe /screensaver
Now you can add a shortcut-key to it in the properties.

If you do have a Microsoft iR keyboard AND a learning remote control, you can even add it under a key of your Remote Control.

.Nico

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:51 pm

You can also add a tile that runs the command to one or more of the menu strips using media center studio etc.
Rob.

TGB.tv - the one stop shop for the more discerning Media Center user.