Infinitv4 Internal Tuner Crazy

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
epete

HTPC Specs: Show details

Infinitv4 Internal Tuner Crazy

Post by epete » Wed May 23, 2012 5:06 pm

OK, I am going crazy with all of the different errors that have been cropping up recently on my two Media Center PCs.

1. I think Ceton should clean up the error reporting for the Q so that the messages that are displayed give better information rather than what Microsoft incorrectly displays. Not sure if Ceton has access to modifying this, but that would be big.
2. I would love to know the root cause to all of the items listed below. I suspect there are only one or two root causes showing multiple issues.

Cablevision Raritain NJ
Windows 7 Ultimate

• No TV Signal message – With Known Good Signal (have two InfinityTv4's in two Media Centers. One is the back-up to make sure I get recordings) Cable is home-run from a Drop Amp to each Media Center.
• Subscription Required – Known subscribed channels somehow become “Subscription required” while others remain active and viewable.
• Subscription Required – “Subscription Required” comes up in the middle of a recording for a minute or so and then the program becomes viewable again.
• Not recorded due to conflict - when there are should be tuners available. Media Center tries and fails on all 4 tuners. Must click OK for times to clear all four errors.
• Failed to Record – Due to unexpected Failure
• Partial Recording - Manually stopped for use by another component. – And there was no manual interaction.
• Partial Recording - “Due to signal Loss” During recording “May be related to “Subscription required” problem.
• Media Center looses knowledge that it has already been set up for use with Digital Cable Tuner – Sometimes happens after some of the above problems.
• Programs sometimes get recorded with a Copy Protect Flag on one Media Center but same show does not on second Media Center.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Wed May 23, 2012 5:59 pm

Do you have Tuning Adapters? If so, what's the firmware version on the TA? What do the signals look like for the TA (both receive and transmit)?

Also, what firmware/driver version are you running on the Ceton tuners?

epete

Post by epete » Wed May 23, 2012 8:36 pm

barnabas1969 wrote:Do you have Tuning Adapters? If so, what's the firmware version on the TA? What do the signals look like for the TA (both receive and transmit)?

Also, what firmware/driver version are you running on the Ceton tuners?
I have no Tuner Adapters, I am lucky enough not to need them. I will report the Firmware versions later as both systems are in use now.

epete

Post by epete » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:54 am

I finally got a chance to check the version numbers after some more tuner issues. Error Code when recording 4 times per program.

Main Media Center

Driver 1.5.4304.6
Diagnostic Tool: 1.5.0.0
InfiniTV PCIe Driver: 1.0.2.4
InfiniTV FW: 1.1.2.4
InfiniTV HW: 4884

Back-up Media Center

Driver 1.5.4304.6
Diagnostic Tool: 1.5.0.0
InfiniTV PCIe Driver: 1.0.2.4
InfiniTV FW: 1.0.9.5
InfiniTV HW: 4884

Upon rebooting the Main Media Center after the FW upgrade I got the "Cable Card Detected, Want to setup now?" dialog box. I am still able to get all the cable channels without setting up. I have re-set up the CableCard a couple times before and it has not helped and forces me to reconfigure the channels I subscribe to and remove the ones I don't.

the Back-up media center that had the earlier FW Ver: 1.0.9.5 performed better than the main. Both systems are on W7 Ultimate on a Gigabyte Motherboard. The main Media Center is a Core i7 2nd Gen with 8MB memory and graphics card. The back-up is a Core i5 2nd Gen, I believe it has 4MB and uses the onboard graphics.

Another strange thing is that the main Media Center has the original HW from the pre-orders through Zones. The back-up Media Center was purchased later and has a different board layout. It is strange that they show the same HW Version.

Both Tuners are now on InfiniTV FW: 1.1.7.2

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:18 pm

I loaded new firmware on my Ceton and it fixed all my problems. The version number is: HD HomeRun Prime.

epete

Post by epete » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:15 pm

barnabas1969 wrote:I loaded new firmware on my Ceton and it fixed all my problems. The version number is: HD HomeRun Prime.
I have confidence in Ceton. Good to know HD HomeRun is working well for you, but I am looking forward to using future Ceton products and also like the fact that I get 4 channels on one CableCard.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:45 pm

I understand. I was just joking. I stuck with the Ceton because of the four tuners for a long time. I've found the HDHRP to be much more stable. Three tuners was not enough, so I bought a 2nd HDHRP when it was on sale on woot.com a few days ago. I now have 6 nice, stable tuners, and it only costs me an extra $3.00 per month. In my opinion, the stability is worth $3.00.

Would you like to buy another Ceton PCIe card? I have one for sale.

STC

Post by STC » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:05 pm

I may consider it as I don't have a single problem with my setup and config. What's the price? Very cheap I hope as it doesn't work for you.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:17 pm

Well, the lowest completed listing on e-bay is $140.50 plus $5.00 shipping. That's about right.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:31 pm

Your InfiniTV cards are using very old firmware. Please upgrade to the newest version (1.1.7.2) and let us know how things go.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

epete

Post by epete » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:57 pm

erkotz wrote:Your InfiniTV cards are using very old firmware. Please upgrade to the newest version (1.1.7.2) and let us know how things go.
erkotz - The last sentence of my post stated that I did upgrade to 1.1.7.2. Upon upgrading one system told me I had a Digital Cable Tuner and did I want to set it up. The other system did not prompt for the Digital Tuner set-up as I would think it should not. I simply canceled out of the Digital Cable Tuner set-up and both systems have been working without reboot or error since the upgrade. Now that we are in re-runs, there may be less opportunity to see problems but I am hopeful that there will be some stability improvements.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:41 pm

Sorry I missed that you updated the FW. Please let us know how things go on the new FW

Larry_Stewart

Post by Larry_Stewart » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:12 pm

epete wrote:
erkotz wrote:Your InfiniTV cards are using very old firmware. Please upgrade to the newest version (1.1.7.2) and let us know how things go.

I just upgraded my firmware to 1.1.7.2 on the 1st of 2 cards from the diagnostics utility. My second card shows version 1.1.6.9 is up to date and gives no option to upgrade.
What now? :eh:

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:46 pm

Disable the network connection for the already-upgraded card, then it should detect that the remaining card needs an update.

epete

Post by epete » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:25 pm

By the way, I have not had any issues in quite some time. The Firmware update may have done the trick. On the other hand, I record much less in the summer and I am also wondering if there could be contributions from variations in quality of the signal coming in from CableVision.