Extender Doesn't Remember Media Library Directories

Troubleshoot and discuss the XBOX 360, XBOX One, Linksys, and other extenders.
dcmcfar

HTPC Specs: Show details

Extender Doesn't Remember Media Library Directories

Post by dcmcfar » Sat May 12, 2012 7:29 pm

Anyone having a new problem with their extender "forgetting" the directories for your media? I've run 2 Xbox extenders off my Win7 64 HTPC for a year without any problems. My music, pics, videos are held on a separate networked Win 7 64 PC, the HTPC holds the recorded TV. Everything has been working well until a few days ago.

When I try to view TV off the extender, everything is good. When I try to access any other media held on the PC, the library directory is empty. I can add the directories to the correct network location and access the media normally. When I turn the Xbox off and on again, those directories are lost, replaced with generic directories like "C:\users\public\music". All my media folders are shared by "everyone" and my network is wired and solid.

One other clue is that when I try to watch TV on the extender, a get a prompt asking how I want to view my recordings, either "view list or view large", just like I was setting up the extender for the very first time!

All I can think of is that a new Windows update has messed things up. I just had a bunch pushed to my PC a few days ago. I have not installed updates to the HTPC (holding the recorded TV), and those directory links aren't "forgotten". Any help or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Sun May 13, 2012 1:55 pm

Does the issue happen on both extenders only one? Have you tried deleting and re-adding the extender from the HTPC?
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

dcmcfar

Post by dcmcfar » Mon May 14, 2012 12:48 am

It was happening on both extenders. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the extenders and now it works! Thanks for the help!