InfiniTV 4 USB going to sleep

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
theorem5

HTPC Specs: Show details

InfiniTV 4 USB going to sleep

Post by theorem5 » Thu May 10, 2012 1:30 am

Hello All,

I am having one of the strangest issues with my InfiniTV 4 USB. For some reason, the device itself seems to be going to sleep or something. Media Center will not recognize it, nor can I run a diagnostic on it (it gets stuck). The thing is, that if I unplug the power form the device, it comes back up and all is well. Unplugging it from the USB port does not work. The only thing that will work is a full reboot of the device. BTW, this is not a sleep issue on the computer. This happens only when the Tuner has had no activity, i.e., it has not been used. If I reboot the computer itself, the Tuner does not come back up. The only way for it to work again, is to unplug the power source from it.

Has anyone seen this before? Ceton has not been much help, as they keep telling me to run diagnostics every time it happens, but the diagnostics just do not ever finish.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Thu May 10, 2012 3:37 am

Are you using the latest firmware for the InfiniTV? There are power options for USB, select start, control panel, power options, next to balanced plan select change plan settings, select change advanced power settings.
Select the + next to USB Settings, then the + next to USB selective suspend setting, set it to disabled, select Apply, then ok and exit the power settings.
See if that helps. If not you may have a defective InfiniTV.. Have you tried it on another PC to see if it's issues are consistent on both pc's?
newfiend

Sent from my WP7 using Board Express

theorem5

Post by theorem5 » Thu May 10, 2012 12:15 pm

I have been down that road. The USB Power settings are set, and it still happens; this issue happens even if I leave the computer off. I thought the USB suspend settings only came into effect if the computer was in suspend mode. Another PC has been tried, same results. The issue here is that somehow either the device is not getting a signal to wake up or something.

What bothers me the most about this is that the Ceton diagnostic tool does not complete when the device is in this state. Ceton keeps telling me the device is active, but I am not sure how it could be, since the diag does not complete.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Thu May 10, 2012 1:45 pm

I would call them, explain what's happening. It sounds like it may be a faulty device but I'm no genius on the inner workings of the infiniTV. I have a USB unit as well and I don't have this issue. I would say if it can be reproduced on another PC its a problem with the Ceton. Especially since the diagnostic can not complete.
Have you tried replacing the USB cable? It could be faulty??

theorem5

Post by theorem5 » Thu May 10, 2012 2:14 pm

I have a ticket open with them already. I don't think it is the cable as it works when the tuned is powered off and then back on.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Thu May 10, 2012 3:55 pm

I would call them if the ticket gets you nowhere. See if you can do a warranty swap for a new unit.

WhatHappend

Post by WhatHappend » Fri May 11, 2012 4:33 am

@newfiend, you keep saying call them but Ceton has never published phone contact information. How do you expect him to call?

I do agree that his card is bad and needs to be swapped.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Fri May 11, 2012 7:33 pm

Sigh.. Guess I'm the only one smart enough to use a phone book ... Ph# at the bottom. If you get nowhere with a support ticket try calling.
Ceton Corporation
4030 Lake Washington Blvd NE, Ste 208, Kirkland, WA
http://cetoncorp.com

(425) 828-0515

Texas-Guy

Post by Texas-Guy » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:50 am

If you have not solved your Sleep/Hibernation wake up problem to-date, go to my post of 4 August, 2013 for a fix which has worked for me.

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 237#p57237