Page Down on episode selection for Netflix?

sethar

HTPC Specs: Show details

Page Down on episode selection for Netflix?

Post by sethar » Tue May 08, 2012 4:24 pm

Hello all,

I've recently run into some frustrations with Netflix WMC add-in. The first (black screen lock up at end of show, have to reboot) I managed to mitigate by upgrading to the beta silverlight...but here's another frustrating issue I've run into:

Problem 1) Netflix does not seem to keep track of episodes I have watched 100% of the time. For example, I'll watch season 1 episodes 1-9, and the next day when I go back to the screen and just hit play, it will start playing episode 4 instead of episode 10. It's like it failed to remember I watched Episode 4. When I look at the list, it shows Episodes 1-9 at 100% watched, but episode 4 is 1% (because it just started playing again). Very frustrating for a few reasons, mostly because of my next problem:

Problem 2) When I am watching a TV show and want to select episodes, page down does not work for me. It actually moves me to Season1 - Episode 1. It's extremely frustrating once you get to seasons 4, 5, 6 or later and have to hit the down arrow 80+ times to reach the episode you want to watch (due to problem #1). Anyone have a workaround/suggestion? I am not sure why they don't break the menu down into seasons first, then episodes within that season. That would at least make it easier.

I am using media center "certified" remotes.

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Tue May 08, 2012 6:18 pm

I have the same problems.

The entire Netflix experience grew out of the original "watching on your computer screen" concept, and none of the band-aids they put on it to shove it into MC and DVD players and whatnot have really made it acceptable. All they've done is made the scarecrow patchwork more and more obvious over time.

That I watch it inside MC and Roku is more out of a wonderment that it works at all, as opposed to how well it works. (For example, I was stunned to see that I had to pay three bucks to get a Roku channel that allowed me to search the Netflix library--that the native Roku app showed only what was in your queue, and does nothing else.)

Netflix needs to dive deep and create a truly modern media experience, but I don't expect that'll happen given their current state. They went immediately from the obnoxious "we don't have to, you're using us no matter what" and dived straight down into "oh no, nobody's paying for us anymore, we're not profitable anymore" with no stops in between.

amador

Post by amador » Wed May 09, 2012 4:24 pm

I am having the same frustations and now the black screen crash has shown up again. The Xbox app remembers the last episode you have watched.