XBOX 360 new pricing model

Latest and Greatest in the world of Technology and/or Media Center.
trooper11

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by trooper11 » Tue May 08, 2012 10:32 pm

stonethecrows wrote: Like I said we are all unique! I dealt with it and for my environment I chose not to use it. Each to their own.

Exactly, so many different variables, one size does not fit all.

Now when it comes to my htpc, that thing has to be silent or as close as possible at all times. I made sure to build it that way from the start. Its always on, so it needs to behave sound wise lol.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Wed May 09, 2012 12:33 am

Kustom Kid wrote:You guys who say the slim its too loud can probably hear a mosquito fart 6 yards away.
OMG Thank You.. I needed that laugh so bad.. :lol:
Perfect.. just perfect!
lol
newfiend~

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Wed May 09, 2012 12:39 am

crawfish wrote:
newfiend wrote:@crawfish.. I would hate to show you my gaming rig i just built, it has 8 fans in it.. Sitting next to it would probably drive you nuts..lol.
I shudder just to read about it. :lol:

I guess the real question is, why stop at eight?

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/blog/37

Even his fans have fans.
Wow.. thats just Nucking Futts.. "Coolest" rig I have ever seen though... :lol:
My rig has 2 200mm fans, Front Intake, Top Exhaust
4 120mm Side fans that blow cool air into the case for the 2 Nvidia 560TI's in SLI
2 120mm Fans on the Corsiar H80 CPU cooler.. It's actually pretty quiet considering.. The 4 side fans have a controller on the top of the Corsair 600T so I can control the fan speed/noise.
newfiend~

Wolfshadw

Post by Wolfshadw » Wed May 09, 2012 12:50 am

I'd say this thread has moved on from the original topic of the XBox new pricing model. I do not play console games (or many PC games for that matter), but if I did, I don't see myself plunking down extra cash over the long run if I have the option not to.

As for noise levels, I live in a small one-bedroom apartment. Both my All-Purpose system (APS) and my HTPC are in the living room and they're both on 24/7. Sitting here at my APS, I cannot hear my HTPC which is 6 feet away. Should I move over to the sofa, I can hear the HTPC, but not the APS. When I turn on the Live TV (audio from the HDTV speakers), I may hear the systems, but I don't notice it. When watching a movie (Video from the projector, audio from the HTIB), I don't hear anything else.

I always laugh (inside) when people (in other forums) ask for recommendations for a silent gaming system to play Game X at MAX. The two loudest components of any system are going to be the power supply and the graphics card and the two most stressed components used when gaming are... the power supply and the graphics card.

To me, it's simple. If you don't want to hear your system fans, turn up the volume of your speakers. (j/k)

-Wolf sends

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Wed May 09, 2012 1:00 am

I thought about this as well.. I think if i wanted to add another xbox as an extender I woulf just save up the cash and buy it outright instead of using this new price model. It's a extra $100 over the 2 year period which in light of things isn't a huge amount.. but it could buy you a couple games for it if your into that part of the xbox. (I am) there are so many income variables for people and this model may work great for some.. just not for me.