WMC Legacy Product

amador

HTPC Specs: Show details

WMC Legacy Product

Post by amador » Sun May 06, 2012 9:11 pm

"What version of Windows Media Center will be included in Windows 8?
The version of Media Center included in Windows 8 is what we shipped in the Windows 8 Consumer Preview. It is much consistent with what shipped in Windows 7."

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/b8/archive/2012 ... ows-8.aspx

I am depressed. MS wants us to pay for WMC but is the same as Win7.

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Sun May 06, 2012 10:35 pm

ummmmm.....well, MS would be happy if you would drive a truckful of money to Redmond and dump it on their front lawn, yes.

But you are in no way obligated to pay for Win8. Just keep using Win7. It's not like they're going to turn off Win7 and force you to rebuy everything and hold your system hostage until you do.

So why be depressed? Be aware that there's no WMC advantage to moving to Win8, check that off your list of "now I know," and move on with your life.

Please don't tell us that your happiness in life depends on being at Windows 8 and having everything all-new with new features....

amador

Post by amador » Sun May 06, 2012 10:58 pm

adam1991 wrote:ummmmm.....well, MS would be happy if you would drive a truckful of money to Redmond and dump it on their front lawn, yes.

But you are in no way obligated to pay for Win8. Just keep using Win7. It's not like they're going to turn off Win7 and force you to rebuy everything and hold your system hostage until you do.

So why be depressed? Be aware that there's no WMC advantage to moving to Win8, check that off your list of "now I know," and move on with your life.

Please don't tell us that your happiness in life depends on being at Windows 8 and having everything all-new with new features....
I am a little pissed off but dont treat like a damn kid. I always enjoyed the greenbutton community since 2007. It use to have people posting opinions on DRM and insight on the future. What did I do to you?

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Sun May 06, 2012 11:19 pm

sorry, I was responding to your direct assertion of "I am depressed." I certainly hope that's not the case, based on a silly computer operating system.

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Sun May 06, 2012 11:20 pm

Also, MS *wants* you to pay for the very same thing as what you've already paid for; sure they do. But don't be upset that MS asks. Don't take it personally. It's business. If they can get the $$$ from clueless people, then great. If you're clued in and know it would be ridiculous to pay, then so be it.

But it's just business. Nothing to get upset about.