Xbox 360 Universal Remote Questions

Troubleshoot and discuss the XBOX 360, XBOX One, Linksys, and other extenders.
Sai Das

HTPC Specs: Show details

Xbox 360 Universal Remote Questions

Post by Sai Das » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:44 pm

I just ordered the Xbox 360 Universal Remote (white) as I understand it is better than the newer black one. I have been using the older WMC remote and have a few questions about the new one.

1) How do I access Recorded TV on the new one? I don't see a button like the old one had. Would that be either the X or A?

2) Which button to program for TV on/off? I assume On/Off is for Xbox and not TV.

3) Can the new one do Slo Mo? I never did figure out how to get the old one to do it.

Beradon

Post by Beradon » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:31 pm

There is no button that specifically accesses the recorded TV area, I just went and tested all the buttons on my remote to verify this since I've never been able to find it myself. What I do is if I'm doing something else, I just hit the green button and arrow to it. Its a couple more button presses, but not many.

For the TV, when you program the remote, you press the TV button in the middle of the remote (turning it amber) and changing the function of the on/off button, which will turn on and off the TV. It will also control other aspects of your tv with some of the other buttons if the TV supports it (mine doesnt), just basic stuff, like input and such.

I dont know about slow motion.

UCBearcat

Post by UCBearcat » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:37 pm

1 - AFAIK, there is no "recorded TV" button on the white XBox remote. You'll have to use the Green Button and go at it that way. If someone knows of a "recorded TV" button, I'd like to know. X and A just jumps you up or down a channel.

2- The on/off button can work for both TV and XBox. On my remote, the "TV" button switches between Green and Red. When it is red, the On/Off button triggers the TV. When the TV button is Green, it triggers the XBox. The XBox Media guide button (big silver xbox button) can turn on the XBox as well.

3- Not sure... If its possible, I don't know how to do it.