Issues installing my SSD - Patriot Pyro SATA III

A place to talk about GPUs/Motherboards/CPUs/Cases/Remotes, etc.
QingGuy

HTPC Specs: Show details

Issues installing my SSD - Patriot Pyro SATA III

Post by QingGuy » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:47 pm

Well, I've spent at least 7 hours between installing the drive in my case and now trying to get my drive to show-up in windows explorer. Firmware is up to date (confirmed with mfg. update tool, scanned, found drive and reported serial numbers and FW version as well as capacity), as far as I can tell the only place where I can find ACHI is set to ACHI. I can see the drive under Windows Device Manager and I confirmed drivers are up to date. HOWEVER, I cannot get the drive to show-up under my hard drives on MyComputer. I'm totally stumped and frustrated. Anyone have any suggestions? My MB is a Gigabyte GA-A75M-UD2H. Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

richard1980

Post by richard1980 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:09 pm

Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Storage > Disk Management. You'll have to find the SSD in the list and partition and format it.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:44 pm

richard1980 wrote:Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Storage > Disk Management. You'll have to find the SSD in the list and partition and format it.
+1.. ^^ He's absolutely correct.

QingGuy

Post by QingGuy » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:47 am

Went in Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Storage > Disk Management and found the drive. I'm going to have someone help me with the formatting, partitioning and moving of my OS. Spent way too much valuable time this weekend trying to do this on my own. Between this an my Ceton I think I've invested at least 10 hours so far. Time to say "uncle" and admit I'm in over my head. Thanks for the guidance, I appreciate it.