Ceton InfiniTV 4 Quad-tuner Card Used?

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
borntworide

HTPC Specs: Show details

Ceton InfiniTV 4 Quad-tuner Card Used?

Post by borntworide » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:33 pm

I Have found a used ceton card is there better built unit? early vs late? Should i Just save the hassle and but new?

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:47 pm

I believe the newer unit may be a bit thinner, other than that it's the same card afaik. If it's a good deal pick it up. You would have a warranty on a new item though that you most likely would not have buying used.

Sent from my WP7 using Board Express

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:39 pm

Actually, if the card is less than a year old, Ceton will honor the warrantee for the 2nd and subsequent owners... IF the owner can prove the original purchase date. So, if the seller is willing to give the buyer a copy of the original invoice, then Ceton will honor the warrantee until one year from the original sale date.

I know this from experience.

WhatHappend

Post by WhatHappend » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:52 pm

The used one would have to be a really good deal (<$120) since new prices have dropped to $170 with no tax and free shipping (newegg last week on the USB version).

STC

Post by STC » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:56 pm

I have a rev1 going solidly since the day I bought it and I was one of the first to get one, oh such a long time ago!
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:00 pm

I was one of those who didn't want to wait until the backlog died down... so I bought mine on e-bay at a price premium. I got soaked more than you did, STC.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:01 am

barnabas1969 wrote:Actually, if the card is less than a year old, Ceton will honor the warrantee for the 2nd and subsequent owners... IF the owner can prove the original purchase date. So, if the seller is willing to give the buyer a copy of the original invoice, then Ceton will honor the warrantee until one year from the original sale date.

That's awesome. Most companies only warranty to the original purchaser. They really take care of their customers. (This is the reason I will continue to buy from them.) :clap:

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:29 pm

newfiend wrote:
barnabas1969 wrote:Actually, if the card is less than a year old, Ceton will honor the warrantee for the 2nd and subsequent owners... IF the owner can prove the original purchase date. So, if the seller is willing to give the buyer a copy of the original invoice, then Ceton will honor the warrantee until one year from the original sale date.

That's awesome. Most companies only warranty to the original purchaser. They really take care of their customers. (This is the reason I will continue to buy from them.) :clap:
Yep, I bought mine on e-bay and I confirmed this with Ceton before I made the purchase. Good thing too.. my card needed to be replaced. When I received it, the metal bracket was slightly bent. I didn't notice it when I installed the card, but it wasn't seated correctly due to the bent bracket. It fried. When I got the new card, it was slightly bent too.. so I straightened it before installing it.